Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Over 12 Holy Nights

  • Duncan J. Fernando
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
      That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
      none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?

      Sena
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2000
        "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

        > That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
        > none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?
        >
        > Sena,

        Steiner writes in many of his books (especially The Syudy of Man) about the
        work we do between falling asleep and waking as a an opportunity to get in
        touch with that part of ourselves that we join after death. Thus, we bring
        our experiences to this dream time each night and do some very important work.
        You might say we have opportunities for enlightenment every time we sleep. It
        is this that is referred to in the verse.

        Morgan