Yahoo groups changes/ Michaelmas

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
      Just a note to members that Yahoo has made some changes to these
      electronic discussion groups. Some of these they've told us about in
      advance--- for instance, attachments to messages will no longer be
      kept in the index of messages, so, if you have something you want
      others to be able to see permanently, you should upload it to the
      Files section of the list, which you reach via the group's web site.
      But apparently they have done some other things, since some people
      who for some reason want to be members but not receive e-mail have
      said they're now receiving it.

      Also, as Michaelmas approaches (the festival Steiner said we need
      so much to start celebrating again in our time), I was wondering if
      people would like to do anything together for it, or if anyone has
      any Michael mantras or verses to share. It seems that the warrior
      archangel has greater meaning to more and more people each year.

      Starman
    • Appletree Fitness Center
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
        Mr.. Starman
        thanks for the heads up on the changes.
        We are having a community gathering and celebration of Michaelmas here in Mpls/St. Paul.  I have no particular verse or meditation that most of the rest of the list doesn't have.  If you have some good ones, please post them!
        Anthrojoel 2
[...]

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • shahara9@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003
          Could you send more info?
          I am in Wisconsin, but have a daughter at the U of Minneapolis.
          And I may be moving to North Carolina (on the coast) if anyone is in that
          area.
          ~shahara

          << We are having a community gathering and celebration of Michaelmas here in

          Mpls/St. Paul. >>

          shahara lefay
          *living love & simplicity*
          "my country is the world, and my religion is to do good" emerson
          <A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TerraSoLuna/">TerraSoLuna.org</A>
        • Appletree Fitness Center
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2003

            Shahara - here is what I received from our local branch office.  If you need individual contact information or directions, I can provide them

            Michaelmas 2003

            Dear Friends,

            The Twin Cities Branch of the Anthroposophical Society would like to invite you to a Michaelmas Festival. The Festival will take place on Sunday, September 28, 2003 3:00 to 5:00 pm

            Minnesota Waldorf School

            You are invited to come early at 2:30 pm to learn some songs that we will do as part of the festival. This will be a community-wide celebration bringing together people connected with the various initiatives that are active in this region as well as individuals who are not part of an initiative. There is no charge for the festival, but a free-will offering will be accepted to help defer costs. The festival is intended for adults. Childcare, also for a free-will offering, will be provided. Please contact Dennis Dietzel  to reserve space for childcare.In the first part of the festival we will perform a pageant in speech, music and movement exploring the evolution of thought and freedom as it relates to Michael. We will perform this pageant together as part of the festival. Anyone wishing to take part in the speech is invited to join us for a rehearsal at the Minnesota Waldorf School on Wednesday, September 24 from 7-8 pm.

            The second part of the festival will be a talk by Robert Bucher, who will bring Michaelmas into the present by exploring the lives of various courageous individuals from whom we can take inspiration for our own lives. Robert recently completed eight years as a class teacher at the City of Lakes Waldorf School.

            Michaelmas is a festival that, for many of us, has little tradition; and for this reason, we may be unsure how to celebrate it. As a festival of individual courage it is a courageous act simply to gather under the name of Michael. We invite you to bring your Michaelmas questions and inspirations to share in a closing conversation. We hope you will join us in what will hopefully be the first of many Michael Festivals.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2003
              shahara9@... writes:

              I am in Wisconsin, but have a daughter at the U of Minneapolis.
              And I may be moving to North Carolina (on the coast) if anyone is in that
              area.
              ~shahara
              shahara lefay
              *living love &simplicity*
              "my country is the world, and my religion is to do good" emerson
              TerraSoLuna.org

              ********There are anthroposophic communities in Milwaukee, East Troy and Viroqua, Wisconsin, and several in North Carolina, though I don't know of any in the far east of NC near me here in Virginia Beach.