Re: [steiner] I'm New and saying HI

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2003
      Hello Zoe!

      Welcome to this site and to the beginning of a connection with Waldorf
      Education. I would recommend that you look up lots of Waldorf oriented websites and
      homeschool groups with a Waldorf orientation. It is unfortunate that money
      does stand in the way for many people, but it can just be an obstacle that
      propels one in the real intended direction. There are lots of people who cannot send
      their child to a Waldorf school but who find creative ways to bring the
      elements and awareness into their lives and to find others to work and create with.
      Try to contact the Waldorf schools nearest to you and ask for a connection to
      people on the waiting list who may be relying on each other for support.

      As far as the popular cultural influence on your children, keep in mind that
      it will always be there. Just try to bring creative experiences into your
      family's life and expose the children to experiences which show them that there
      are many children and young people who are courageously walking their own path.
      It doesn't have to be a negative thing, or an "either/or" situation. Just let
      them know that they are free to pursue their true selves and that they can
      find friends and companions who share the quest and that they have your full
      support always.

      Also, don't let the focus be only on them. They need to have your example.
      Stay true to yourself and honor all creative impulses within you. Let them see
      the struggle and the process, and don't worry about "success" in any common
      sense of the word.

      Life is always a balancing act. There is the "ideal" and the "practical" and
      the creative life is finding out how to combine them in positive ways.

      There is much help in the human and spiritual world for your quest. You are
      not alone by any means.

      Best wishes,
      Christine
    • eurythmy
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 12, 2003
        Hello Zoe
        Do you know about camphill in England, and special schools like St Schristopher in Bristol.
        Franky
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2003
          Zoesmadhouse@... writes:

          Hi everyone,

          I'm very interested in this site as I suffer from a condition called Sarcoidosis and have come off traditional medication such as steroids, planequil etc to use the Anthroposophical approach.  I am currently receiving the mistletoe and various therapies such as massage, eurythmy and art.  This had led me to a much better place and is based on Steiners works.
          I have to say that up until a year ago I had never heard of him and now am learning slowly.  I take my 2 year old to a kindergarten mum &tots which is fab and I am gutted that I cannot afford to send my older children to the school.  When will the rest of England realise what is happening to our children?  I so wish my children to have a childhood away from peers who at 6 are fashion conscious, and pick up on untidy hair in an instant.  My middle child is autistic and he would benefit from the steiner education immensly but alas it all costs money.
          I look forward to hearing from you all and am very very keen to learn more about Rudulf Steiner .
          bye for now
          Zoe

          *******Welcome to the list, Zoe. What is sarcoidosis, a liver ailment? Perhaps you can get some help here with that as well as with Waldorf education. There's also another list here at Yahoo for people trying to homeschool their children with Waldorf techniques.