Re: I'm New and saying HI

  • porlnite
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2003
      -Hi Zoe.
      I've been studying Anthroposophy for about 6 years.
      WQelcome.
      I use the medicine also.
      I live not far fromforest row and know Michael hall.
      Which area are you.
      e-mail me: porlnite@.... and I will elaborate further

      Derek
    • golden3000997@cs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 11, 2003
        Hello Zoe!

        Welcome to this site and to the beginning of a connection with Waldorf
        Education. I would recommend that you look up lots of Waldorf oriented websites and
        homeschool groups with a Waldorf orientation. It is unfortunate that money
        does stand in the way for many people, but it can just be an obstacle that
        propels one in the real intended direction. There are lots of people who cannot send
        their child to a Waldorf school but who find creative ways to bring the
        elements and awareness into their lives and to find others to work and create with.
        Try to contact the Waldorf schools nearest to you and ask for a connection to
        people on the waiting list who may be relying on each other for support.

        As far as the popular cultural influence on your children, keep in mind that
        it will always be there. Just try to bring creative experiences into your
        family's life and expose the children to experiences which show them that there
        are many children and young people who are courageously walking their own path.
        It doesn't have to be a negative thing, or an "either/or" situation. Just let
        them know that they are free to pursue their true selves and that they can
        find friends and companions who share the quest and that they have your full
        support always.

        Also, don't let the focus be only on them. They need to have your example.
        Stay true to yourself and honor all creative impulses within you. Let them see
        the struggle and the process, and don't worry about "success" in any common
        sense of the word.

        Life is always a balancing act. There is the "ideal" and the "practical" and
        the creative life is finding out how to combine them in positive ways.

        There is much help in the human and spiritual world for your quest. You are
        not alone by any means.

        Best wishes,
        Christine
      • eurythmy
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 12, 2003
          Hello Zoe
          Do you know about camphill in England, and special schools like St Schristopher in Bristol.
          Franky
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2003
            Zoesmadhouse@... writes:

            Hi everyone,

            I'm very interested in this site as I suffer from a condition called Sarcoidosis and have come off traditional medication such as steroids, planequil etc to use the Anthroposophical approach.  I am currently receiving the mistletoe and various therapies such as massage, eurythmy and art.  This had led me to a much better place and is based on Steiners works.
            I have to say that up until a year ago I had never heard of him and now am learning slowly.  I take my 2 year old to a kindergarten mum &tots which is fab and I am gutted that I cannot afford to send my older children to the school.  When will the rest of England realise what is happening to our children?  I so wish my children to have a childhood away from peers who at 6 are fashion conscious, and pick up on untidy hair in an instant.  My middle child is autistic and he would benefit from the steiner education immensly but alas it all costs money.
            I look forward to hearing from you all and am very very keen to learn more about Rudulf Steiner .
            bye for now
            Zoe

            *******Welcome to the list, Zoe. What is sarcoidosis, a liver ailment? Perhaps you can get some help here with that as well as with Waldorf education. There's also another list here at Yahoo for people trying to homeschool their children with Waldorf techniques.