reincarnation

  • gabrielleann01
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2003
      Hi all,
      I have just joined your group, sounds interesting, my kids went to
      steiner school many years ago.
      A question I wouold like to ask that has been bothering me over
      time.What is steiner's postion on reincarnation and what are his
      reasons and or proofs
    • openwaldorf
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2003
        Hi, Gabrielle-

        Yes, Steiner believed in reincarnation. You can read more about it at OpenWaldorf:

        http://www.openwaldorf.com/anthroposophy.html

        Also, you can search Steiner's writings from www.elib.com on reincarnation at Google:

        http://www.google.com/search?q=reincarnation+site:elib.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
        8

        Good luck!

        John
        john@...

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2003

          *******Welcome Gabrielle. Steiner was able to experience his past incarnations as well as what goes on between lives on earth, which is quite a different thing from intellectual reasoning or attempting to prove the matter. But he does a good job of that also in the second chapter of his book Theosophy. There he develops the idea at length that, just as our memories return to us when we awaken in the morning, our past actions return to us when we are born again in the next life. He does this by pure thinking, which non-mathematicians of course will have no confidence in (in an age which teaches that thinking is purely subjective)---- but for anybody who can really think and has confidence in their thinking's power, it is conclusive.