RE: [steiner] Re: "Resist Not Evil" (The Desert Cult)

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2003
      Dear Rick and Friends,

      Thank you for bringing this to our attention, since it seems to me,
      hopefully erroneously, few are aware of these facts. Steiner spoke quite a
      bit regarding the deleterious effects of movies upon our inner being and
      the influences thereby brought to bear upon not only ourselves, but
      mankind, Spiritual Beings and the entire universe. I've found *Cosmic &
      Human Metamorphosis* to be one of those "special" works speaking so very
      much to me, but perhaps we all have certain works striking very deeply into
      our very souls. It was also through this work that I understood something
      regarding organ transplants, as well as many other concepts.

      Cheers,

      Sheila

    • rickbobbs
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2003
        >Dear Sheila, & Folks;
        Thanks for the reply; I'd be very
        interested in references to Steiner's other comments re: film. I know
        that he warned about recordings as having deleterious, attractive
        influences on departed souls (i.e., attracting them back to earthly
        affairs), due to the penetrating power of voice, but I haven't
        referenced that either. As a musician, I had an old prejudice
        about 'dead guys' clogging up the industry, and disallowing the young
        artists from making a reasonable living, or often even being heard;
        but Steiner added quite another dimension to the problem!
        I'd also appreciate your pointing to which Steiner comments
        made you think of the issue of transplants as a 'health' method...
        way back when, I wondered (and still do) how many otherwise healthy
        children starve to death for the money spend keeping deathly
        sick 'rich' folks going. Bad, bad Karma there. Also, have you
        noticed? SARS and West Nile Virus are practically hysterical in the
        press. I figure that's why the hundreds of sick US forces personnel
        in Iraq have 'deadly pneumonia' instead of SARS - symptoms are the
        same, death rate is the same (low), but if you said SARS, the press
        would have to talk about it for months, whereas 'deadly pneumonia,
        well... I've seen it reported once on CBS, then you don't have to
        talk about it. And up here in Canada we've had 2 deaths from WNV...
        but one of them was a 92 year old with pneumonia -But he died from
        WEST NILE. Even a farce like that has to be talked up.

        Take care and give care, Rick
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 10, 2003
          Dear Rick and All,

          About Steiner's statements regarding the harm movies [and I'd guess TV
          might also fall into the same category?] can cause, I don't recall where I
          came across that point, but it seems to me he was speaking of the effects
          upon man and the Spiritual Worlds and Beings of the emotions elicited from
          us by this medium. In other words, our emotions, thoughts and feelings have
          a direct effect upon the spiritual worlds, and certainly movies bring these
          out as well as these not having a basis in fact since they are not due to
          real life experiences we have. I'd agree about recordings, Rick, which I
          seem to feel Steiner referred to as "canned" music, speech, etc. as opposed
          to a real performance seen and heard "in person." Since I've played piano
          most of my life, it was also interesting to me to read Steiner seemed to
          place the piano "lower on the scale" of musical instruments, but it seems
          to do with the absence of human breath [pneumotosophy, if I haven't errred
          in spelling] being involved as one would find in the wind instruments.
          Steiner seemed to me to compare music at times with the "Music of the
          Spheres," and he certainly loved good music.

          About the health issue I seemed to gain from "Human and Cosmic
          Metamorphosis," it was during the time I was working in medicine in
          relation to transplants and his words "liver is not always liver" opened up
          a vast world for me! I could "see," so to say, the world seemingly adapting
          to the concept of Body Parts Sold Here as we do to Auto Parts Sold Here -
          clear and simple without regard to the enormously vast spiritual
          implications involved. It's been my experience that most transplants are
          not often used for old sick rich people, but for children. It all gives me
          the feeling of Frankensteins being created, and for me it's an example of a
          seeming "good" actually being "harmful" instead.

          You mention SARS and West Nile Fever, both of which appear to be among the
          so-called "arising diseases," so to say, as is HIV/AIDS. Off and on there
          have been many diseases seemingly standing out more than perhaps others may
          be, and I wonder if perhaps the potential as well as the newness of such
          mostly "unheard of before" conditions may play a part in publicizing these
          things. The potential deadliness of these things is definitely to be taken
          seriously, it seems, as well as their seeming to be par for the course in
          some way for these current times. Twice I myself have survived pneumonia as
          well as other diseases and I feel many more exoteric as well as esoteric
          diseases will be playing far more important roles in our lives and in the
          world itself, but my feelings on these matters may perhaps be slanted due
          to my work.

          Next time, maybe we could hear more about your music? It's certainly a
          great part of my life.

          Cheers!
          Sheila