Re: Organic Farming

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
      Matthew
      Very interesting - I had not read that. The only connections I was
      aware of was Hitler trying to have Steiner killed, and the possible
      arson of the original Goetheanum.
      Anthroposophy's agricultural area is Biodynamic farming, and quite
      widespread. I was pleased to note biodynamic raisins for sale in our
      local co-op the other day. It's beyond organic from what little I
      have read - actually using spiritual science in the practice of
      farming. Others no doubt have much more info than I on Biodynamics,
      it's not really my area of specific interest.

      Joel

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@j...> wrote:
      > Dear Group,
      >
      > Maybe there's somebody out there, in our Forum, who has studied the
      > history of Anthroposopy. Last week I was reading a book when I
      came
      > across a historical reference to the school of Anthroposophy.
      > Naturally, I was surprised and delighted to read that the
      > Anthroposophical movement, in the 1930s, was at the vanguard in the
      > science of organic gardening/farming; and apparently, in the 1930s,
      > this is what saved the "church" and many of its leaders from the
      > concentration camps. As everyone knows, Adolf Hitler and his right
      > hand man, H. Himmler, were fenatical vegetarians and animal rights
      > activists who believed strongly in organic farming. When the order
      > came, to exterminate the German branch of Anthroposophy, Himmler
      > intervened and allowed the church to continue unmolested. Their
      > organic farming techniqes, evidently, were indispensable.
      >
      > Mathew Morrell
      > http://www.kcpost.net/
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
        Mathew and Group,

        As a very young seeker, I was blessed to encounter Frau Helle Unger
        Weisshaar from the German Anth. Group who worked with Steiner and lived in
        Germany. Since she was Jewish, she barely escaped with her life to the US
        via Friends in Holland, but she never knew the fate of her husband. I think
        it was Carl Steggman who mentioned in his *The Other America* some of his
        experiences in wartime Germany. Also, I understood the Waldorf Schools were
        not allowed to exist under Hitler.

        Blessings,

        Sheila

        > Dear Group,
        >
        > Maybe there's somebody out there, in our Forum, who has studied the
        > history of Anthroposopy. Last week I was reading a book when I came
        > across a historical reference to the school of Anthroposophy.
        > Naturally, I was surprised and delighted to read that the
        > Anthroposophical movement, in the 1930s, was at the vanguard in the
        > science of organic gardening/farming; and apparently, in the 1930s,
        > this is what saved the "church" and many of its leaders from the
        > concentration camps. As everyone knows, Adolf Hitler and his right
        > hand man, H. Himmler, were fenatical vegetarians and animal rights
        > activists who believed strongly in organic farming. When the order
        > came, to exterminate the German branch of Anthroposophy, Himmler
        > intervened and allowed the church to continue unmolested. Their
        > organic farming techniqes, evidently, were indispensable.
        >
        > Mathew Morrell
        > http://www.kcpost.net/
      • M.Telford
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
          Dear folks,
          Just to add a little to this thread - and by the way hello Sheila, I have
          been busy with our financial year-end (June in Aussie) and studies etc, so
          haven't been in touch for a while; Ravenscroft book 'The Spear of Destiny',
          gives some good historical facts on this - particularly how Himmler
          attempted to circumvent the biodynamic 'peppers' preparations for his own
          evil sick plans (however he didn't ofcourse succeed). The Spear of Destiny
          is very sensationalist and in parts I believe no true of factual. However,
          if one can separate the 'wheat from the schaff', there is some good material
          in it and well worth reading if one is a student of history and particularly
          that period in Germany. It is only a pity that this book wasn't written by
          Walter Stein, who had the karma in meeting Hitler.

          And a final note on NAZI Germany; it really was the greatest traversity that
          the Nuremburg trials did not bring out the occult background of the NAZI
          regime. The world deserved an answer and they should have been told the
          truth that behind this evil regime, we saw on the world stage those occult
          powers who work to subvert the correct evloution of the human being. Behind
          all world events this is true. We were sadly let down by the Nuremburg
          trials in this matter; the world was kept, once again in the dark.

          MT.