Organic Farming

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2003
      Dear Group,

      Maybe there's somebody out there, in our Forum, who has studied the
      history of Anthroposopy. Last week I was reading a book when I came
      across a historical reference to the school of Anthroposophy.
      Naturally, I was surprised and delighted to read that the
      Anthroposophical movement, in the 1930s, was at the vanguard in the
      science of organic gardening/farming; and apparently, in the 1930s,
      this is what saved the "church" and many of its leaders from the
      concentration camps. As everyone knows, Adolf Hitler and his right
      hand man, H. Himmler, were fenatical vegetarians and animal rights
      activists who believed strongly in organic farming. When the order
      came, to exterminate the German branch of Anthroposophy, Himmler
      intervened and allowed the church to continue unmolested. Their
      organic farming techniqes, evidently, were indispensable.

      Mathew Morrell
      http://www.kcpost.net/
    • Joel
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
        Matthew
        Very interesting - I had not read that. The only connections I was
        aware of was Hitler trying to have Steiner killed, and the possible
        arson of the original Goetheanum.
        Anthroposophy's agricultural area is Biodynamic farming, and quite
        widespread. I was pleased to note biodynamic raisins for sale in our
        local co-op the other day. It's beyond organic from what little I
        have read - actually using spiritual science in the practice of
        farming. Others no doubt have much more info than I on Biodynamics,
        it's not really my area of specific interest.

        Joel

        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@j...> wrote:
        > Dear Group,
        >
        > Maybe there's somebody out there, in our Forum, who has studied the
        > history of Anthroposopy. Last week I was reading a book when I
        came
        > across a historical reference to the school of Anthroposophy.
        > Naturally, I was surprised and delighted to read that the
        > Anthroposophical movement, in the 1930s, was at the vanguard in the
        > science of organic gardening/farming; and apparently, in the 1930s,
        > this is what saved the "church" and many of its leaders from the
        > concentration camps. As everyone knows, Adolf Hitler and his right
        > hand man, H. Himmler, were fenatical vegetarians and animal rights
        > activists who believed strongly in organic farming. When the order
        > came, to exterminate the German branch of Anthroposophy, Himmler
        > intervened and allowed the church to continue unmolested. Their
        > organic farming techniqes, evidently, were indispensable.
        >
        > Mathew Morrell
        > http://www.kcpost.net/
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
          Mathew and Group,

          As a very young seeker, I was blessed to encounter Frau Helle Unger
          Weisshaar from the German Anth. Group who worked with Steiner and lived in
          Germany. Since she was Jewish, she barely escaped with her life to the US
          via Friends in Holland, but she never knew the fate of her husband. I think
          it was Carl Steggman who mentioned in his *The Other America* some of his
          experiences in wartime Germany. Also, I understood the Waldorf Schools were
          not allowed to exist under Hitler.

          Blessings,

          Sheila

          > Dear Group,
          >
          > Maybe there's somebody out there, in our Forum, who has studied the
          > history of Anthroposopy. Last week I was reading a book when I came
          > across a historical reference to the school of Anthroposophy.
          > Naturally, I was surprised and delighted to read that the
          > Anthroposophical movement, in the 1930s, was at the vanguard in the
          > science of organic gardening/farming; and apparently, in the 1930s,
          > this is what saved the "church" and many of its leaders from the
          > concentration camps. As everyone knows, Adolf Hitler and his right
          > hand man, H. Himmler, were fenatical vegetarians and animal rights
          > activists who believed strongly in organic farming. When the order
          > came, to exterminate the German branch of Anthroposophy, Himmler
          > intervened and allowed the church to continue unmolested. Their
          > organic farming techniqes, evidently, were indispensable.
          >
          > Mathew Morrell
          > http://www.kcpost.net/
        • M.Telford
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 19, 2003
            Dear folks,
            Just to add a little to this thread - and by the way hello Sheila, I have
            been busy with our financial year-end (June in Aussie) and studies etc, so
            haven't been in touch for a while; Ravenscroft book 'The Spear of Destiny',
            gives some good historical facts on this - particularly how Himmler
            attempted to circumvent the biodynamic 'peppers' preparations for his own
            evil sick plans (however he didn't ofcourse succeed). The Spear of Destiny
            is very sensationalist and in parts I believe no true of factual. However,
            if one can separate the 'wheat from the schaff', there is some good material
            in it and well worth reading if one is a student of history and particularly
            that period in Germany. It is only a pity that this book wasn't written by
            Walter Stein, who had the karma in meeting Hitler.

            And a final note on NAZI Germany; it really was the greatest traversity that
            the Nuremburg trials did not bring out the occult background of the NAZI
            regime. The world deserved an answer and they should have been told the
            truth that behind this evil regime, we saw on the world stage those occult
            powers who work to subvert the correct evloution of the human being. Behind
            all world events this is true. We were sadly let down by the Nuremburg
            trials in this matter; the world was kept, once again in the dark.

            MT.