Mujamba

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 12, 2003
      Group,

      The article I suggested echoes the same point Sarah made in her last
      statement: that is, that Saddam and his sons weren't "black
      magicians". I want to make that clear. They weren't occultists, at
      least not in the sense that they were initiates who practiced their
      craft with any sort of rigorous discipline. Quit the contrary, the
      article suggested. As far as I know, true wizards don't advertise on
      television for those with supernatural powers to come forward and
      serve the ruling family (although these days you can never tell.
      Shirley McLain used to advertise commerical products over the
      television, and she was a wizard; her along with TV psychic Mujamba
      and trance chaneller JZ. Knight.) Saddam and his sons, it seems, did
      not even practice the occult. They hired others to cast spells,
      create talismans, find stolen propery, etc. In such places as Iraq
      the occult is commonplace, as Sarah pointed out.

      Mathew Morrell
      http://www.kcpost.net/
    • rickbobbs
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 22, 2003
        Hi, Folks;
        Steiner repeatedly asserted that the ABC of black magic
        was the inflicting of pain on others to the personal delight of the
        perpetrator... sodamn insane and da bois may not have been the XYZ,
        but there's lots of evidence they were past the "c's". Also, the
        whole cult of the desert operates on the Ahrimanic principle of
        ruling people on the basis of their weaknesses, and has so since
        before Moslem times.
        Another issue that is hard to overcome but must be, is the
        perpetual identification of "occult" with bogey-man spirituality. I
        personally feel that the bread and wine of Steiner's work was to
        reinforce again and again the incredible benefit that has flowed to
        mankind from the "occult" workings, first of the Mysteries and later
        of the Christian Monks. Lets call the "occult" of Ahriman what it is,
        i.e. Black Magic.

        Take Care and Give Care, Rick
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 23, 2003
          Hi, Rick and All,

          It seems to me Steiner mentions somewhere about Black Magic involving
          slicing living flesh and enjoying doing so - I don't know where among
          Steiner's works I came across that, and I also wonder if Ahrimanic deeds are
          always Black Magic or another evil? I'm interested in what is meant by
          "...the whole cult of the desert..." - I'm new to that and feel I need to
          know more about it. When I look at what little I know of history, it seems
          all dictators and such rule others on the basis of their, the victims'
          weaknesses, but I wonder about other ways, too. I try to put myself in the
          victim's role of being ruled by a despot of some sort, and it's possible I
          might only encourage that by my own fear of that despot, which of course is
          a weakness allowing my being ruled. But could anything be that "simple?"

          Rick, you're right that occult matters are different from Black Magic,
          backward spiritual practices, etc. The very word OCCULT simply means hidden
          or hidden with the possibility of being found. It seems "occult" matters
          have always existed, and the Black Arts have only arisen due to their
          deterioration and/or misuse, deliberately or otherwise. It seems Occult
          practices have always existed, and mostly in a right way for the betterment
          of all. Sometimes I think of those who are very strong "environmentalists"
          sincerely dedicated to the preservation of this or that species, and wonder
          about the effects of such measures - something that is not meant to continue
          to exist beyond a given time would seem to fall into decadence and error,
          and I was thinking of this recently while reading of a project to use DNA to
          "create" a mastadon. This and similar concepts appear retrogressive, and
          therefore among the Black Arts, but in thinking for one's self, how on earth
          could a mastadon exist in this world today? It seems I'm constantly reminded
          of such things due to the enormous work and expense involved in "saving the
          condors" in my area, and this project seems doomed to failure regardless of
          what measures are undertaken. Mankind seems to be "playing God," so to say,
          although I don't say saving condors falls into that category. I just don't
          know.

          Cheers,

          Sheila

          > Hi, Folks;
          > Steiner repeatedly asserted that the ABC of black magic
          > was the inflicting of pain on others to the personal delight of the
          > perpetrator... sodamn insane and da bois may not have been the XYZ,
          > but there's lots of evidence they were past the "c's". Also, the
          > whole cult of the desert operates on the Ahrimanic principle of
          > ruling people on the basis of their weaknesses, and has so since
          > before Moslem times.
          > Another issue that is hard to overcome but must be, is the
          > perpetual identification of "occult" with bogey-man spirituality. I
          > personally feel that the bread and wine of Steiner's work was to
          > reinforce again and again the incredible benefit that has flowed to
          > mankind from the "occult" workings, first of the Mysteries and later
          > of the Christian Monks. Lets call the "occult" of Ahriman what it is,
          > i.e. Black Magic.
          >
          > Take Care and Give Care, Rick
        • S
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 23, 2003
            On 8/23/03 12:43 AM, "LilOleMissy" <lilolemissy@...> wrote:
            > It seems I'm constantly reminded
            > of such things due to the enormous work and expense involved in "saving the
            > condors" in my area, and this project seems doomed to failure regardless of
            > what measures are undertaken.

            Condor rehab is not doing to well? That's a bummer =(

          • rickbobbs
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 23, 2003
              --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "LilOleMissy" <lilolemissy@e...>
              wrote:
              > Dear Sheila and Folks;
              Thanks for your interest and musings. I worked doind ecological
              surveys for years, and your comments on that vein show a pretty
              observant attitude. All the 'best' ecologists headed off to nature
              reserves and unspoiled wilderness, leaving the crucial agricultural
              lands in the hands of... greed, there's no other brief word for
              it. "Landscrape starkitechture" and "economic development" are not
              ecologically planned at all, and represent one of the most intense
              and insidious experiments on the face of the planet. The idea that
              you can put fences around a 'nature reserve' and somehow protect it,
              or stabilize the landscape, is at best a desperate fantasy, and at
              worst a planned chimera to distract people from what's really going
              on.

              The 'desert cult' has been plying its trade for millenia; you can
              read specifics in descriptions in the Old Testament, or the writings
              of old Herotodus... pretty disgusting, as are the more recent
              revivals, which are becoming more evil as they become more and more
              out of date.

              Steiner never elaborated much on the Black Magicians. The most I've
              come across in in his Mexican Mysteries and Templars cycle. But I
              happen to have a brief, early comment on file, which I've attached
              below.

              > "In the night therefore we find in astral space the sleeping
              bodies, or the pupils with their Masters, in so far as someone who
              has formed a tie which unites him with the Master, through an
              appropriate meditation, is led towards him. This is what can happen
              during the night. It is possible for everyone by immersing himself in
              inspired writings to reach the point of taking part in such
              intercourse and through this to attain to the development of his
              higher self. What in the course of some thousands of years will
              become our self is now the higher self. In order however really to
              get to know the higher self we must seek for it where it already is
              to-day, with the higher individuals. This is the communication of the
              pupils with the Master.
              "Something else that we can meet with in astral space is the
              black magician with his pupils. In order to train himself to become a
              black magician, the pupil has to go through a special schooling. The
              training in black magic consists in a person becoming accustomed,
              under methodical instruction, to torture, to cut, to kill animals.
              This is the A B C. When the human being consciously tortures living
              creatures it has a definite result. The pain caused in this way, when
              it is brought about intentionally, produces a quite definite effect
              on the human astral body. When a person cuts consciously into a
              particular organ this induces in him an increase in power.
              "Now the basic principle of all white magic is that no power
              can be gained without selfless devotion. When through such devotion
              power is gained, it flows from the common life force of the universe.
              If however we take its life-energy from some particular being, we
              steal this life-energy. Because it belonged to a separate being it
              densifies and strengthens the element of separateness in the person
              who has appropriated it, and this intensification of separateness
              make him suited to becoming the pupil of those who are engaged in
              conflict with the good powers.
              "For our Earth is a battle field; it is the scene of two
              opposing powers: right and left. The one, the white power on the
              right, after the Earth has reached a certain degree of material,
              physical density, strives to spiritualize it once again. The other
              power, the left or black power, strives to make the Earth even denser
              and denser, like the moon. Thus after a period of time, the Earth
              could become the physical expression for the good powers, or the
              physical expression for the evil. It becomes the physical expression
              for the good powers through man uniting himself with the spirits
              working for unification, in that he seeks the ego in the community.
              It belongs to the function of the earth to differentiate itself
              physically to an ever greater degree. Now it is possible for the
              separate parts to go their own way, for each part to form an ego.
              This is the black path. The white path is the one which strives for
              what is common, which forms an ego in community. Were we to burrow
              more and more deeply into ourselves, to sink ourselves into our own
              ego organisation, to desire always more and more for ourselves, the
              final result would be that we should strive to separate ourselves for
              one another. If on the other hand we draw closer, so that a common
              spirit inspires us, so that a centre is formed between us, in our
              midst, then we are drawn together, then we are united. To be a black
              magician means to develop more and more the spirit of separateness.
              There are black adepts who are on the way to acquire certain forces
              of the earth for themselves. Were the circle of their pupils to
              become so strong that this should prove possible, then the earth
              would be on the path leading to destruction." (18 Oct. 1905, in:
              Foundations of Esotericism, 1982, pp. 149-151)