Re: [steiner] Digest Number 569

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2003
      Matthew,
      From my own experience of living with an Iranian family, 'black magic' is a
      quite common, everyday means of coping with life. One such family had a
      'spell' put on a runaway son in law. They take the occult quite seriously.
      Sarah

      > Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:24:06 -0000
      > From: "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...>
      > Subject: Sadam had some stones.
      >
      > Dear Group,
      >
      > Sometimes, slow news cycles can yield interesting special-interest
      > news stories. Take, for example, two intriguing news stories burried
      > on back pages last week. Did you know Saddam Hussein and his sons
      > were practioners of the black arts? According to a respected news
      > agency, they were. . .
      >
      > http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0806/p01s04-woiq.html
      >
      > http://washingtontimes.com/world/20030808-104401-1189r.htm
      >

      > Mathew Morrell
      > http://www.kcpost.net/

    • sarah
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 2003
        Steve,
        If you want to reply to me you must do so onlist so everyone can read your
        bizarre 'remarks'. I have now blocked you from my inbox.

        Everyone, this guy went beserk on an MRA list when I simply asked; "Is
        America included within the MRA Forgiveness Factor"? Now he appears on this
        list coincidently, and sends me an unwanted offlist 'remark' - see below.

        BTW, note the 'ishtar must die' username? Makes you wonder ...

        Sarah

        > If you choose to take a look at other situations where frauds are
        > committed, e.g. MRA, you might find such a conspiracy of belief quite
        > close to home.
        >
        > Steve Hale

        > --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "sarah" <sarahwh@t...> wrote:
        > > Matthew,
        > > From my own experience of living with an Iranian family, 'black
        > magic' is a
        > > quite common, everyday means of coping with life. One such family
        > had a
        > > 'spell' put on a runaway son in law. They take the occult quite
        > seriously.
        > > Sarah
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 17, 2003
          Dear Sarah and Friends,

          I plead total ignorance as to what MRA is, Sarah, and would be grateful to
          know what it is? In all honesty, America does seem to be a mess in so very
          many ways, and I say that as an American who loves her country. Not only
          that, but I live in California, "The Land of Fruits and Nuts!" :) ACK! But
          it does go to illustrate how "things" aren't always as they seem, I think?

          I was really interested in your experience with Iranians and their "black
          magic," since such matters seem far more widespread than perhaps most of us
          realize. As a child growing up in New Orleans, I often came across
          "strange" happenings among some of the people there, mostly those from the
          various islands and island nations such as Barbados, Bermuda, Haiti, etc.,
          and later came some similar "strange" things among some of the American
          Indian Tribes. I've read about the aborigines in places such as Australia
          with their "dreaming" and "questionable" practices, so it would seem a
          world-wide influence among many. I'd really enjoy hearing more about your
          experiences.

          Where is it that Steiner speaks of Ishtar and Eabani [?] - this is in
          relation to the ishtarmustdie name, which seems to make good sense to me.
          There's something about Ishtar, a Goddess who is morally "questionable"
          around men, having seduced Eabani and thereby having bound him to the Earth
          in a way he did not wish, forcing him deeper into physical matter with even
          more struggling to regain even his former status in the Spiritual Worlds.
          Gilgamesh becomes jealous, of course, further complicating matters, and one
          is able to understand WHY Ishtar must die....i.e. the Physical must
          transform itself into the Spiritual.

          Sarah, it's good to see you posting again - we've all become far too silent
          on the list but then who am I to speak?! :)

          Blessings,

          Sheila

          > Steve,
          > If you want to reply to me you must do so onlist so everyone can read your
          > bizarre 'remarks'. I have now blocked you from my inbox.
          >
          > Everyone, this guy went beserk on an MRA list when I simply asked; "Is
          > America included within the MRA Forgiveness Factor"? Now he appears on
          this
          > list coincidently, and sends me an unwanted offlist 'remark' - see below.
          >
          > BTW, note the 'ishtar must die' username? Makes you wonder ...
          >
          > Sarah

        • rickbobbs
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2003
            Hi Folks.... I just want to mention that the only "spiritual
            scientist" that I have ever seen on N.A. television was, wait for it,
            a voodoo practitioner in front of his shop of horrors!

            Some Science!

            Some Spiritual!