    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2003
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form for your use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *
      Es spricht das Weltenwort,
      Das ich durch Sinnestore
      In Seelengründen durfte führen:
      Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
      Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
      Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

      There speaks the World-Word,
      That I through the Senses' Gate
      Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
      "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
      With my World-Widenesses
      To find one day Me in you."

      *******The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
      and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again IN the "World-Self." This week, that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that, as we fill our "I" with the expanse of the world, the very essence of that world will become something permanently part of us.

                             **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. A symbolic image of the LION done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, August 10th. Moon Aquarius.  Agathe. Laurentius.

      Monday,  August 11th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon.  Alexander. Gottlieb. Hermann. Radegunde. Susanna. Tiburtius.

      Tuesday,  August 12th. Moon Pisces.  Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius. H.P. Blavatsky born 1831.

      Wednesday,  August 13th. Moon Pisces. Hippolytus.

      Thursday,   August 14th. Moon Pisces.  Eusebius.

      Friday,   August 15th. Moon Aries. Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

      Saturday,  August 16th. Moon Aries. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

      P.S. The Moon will be seen close to Mars, which is at its brightest now, on Tuesday night.

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 2  *
      Es ist in diesem Winterdunkel
      Die offenbarung eigner krafte
      Der Seele starker Trieb,
      In Finsternisse sie zu lenken,
      Und ahnend vorzufühlen
      Durch Herzenswärme Sinnesoffenbarung.

      It is in this Winter-dimness
      The revealing of its own Strength
      The Soul's strong Drive,
      In Darkness so to lead,
      And feeling full of presentiment
      Through Heart's Warmth, Senses' Revelation.

      This week's mantram:
      Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel how the power working
      in the foundation of the soul strove outward, so that divine forces could
      pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work. This
      week we feel the strong drive to continue unfolding this power, and this
      gives us within our hearts a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the
      coming spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep while the
      earth awakens.

      -Dr. Starman

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2004

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of spiritual people and events connected with specific days.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CANCER from July 21st to August 3rd in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the CRAB, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        This week's mantra.
            For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *
        Es spricht das Weltenwort,
        Das ich durch Sinnestore
        In Seelengründen durfte führen:
        Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
        Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
        Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

        There speaks the World-Word,
        That I through the Senses' Gate
        Would let lead to Soul's Ground:
        "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
        With my World-Wideness
        To find one day Me in you."

             The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
        and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
        the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
        the World-Self.
            This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
        which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our "I" with
        the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
        part of us.

                                            **********************************

        Sunday, August 1st.  Moon Aquarius. Macabees. 1744 Natural Scientist Lamarck born.

        Monday, August 2nd. Moon Pisces.  Hannibal. 1832 Olcott born.

        Tuesday, August 3rd. Moon Pisces.   1492 Start of the first Voyage of Columbus.

        Wednesday, August 4th. Moon Aries.  Dominic (Founder of the Dominican Order). Josias, King of Judea. Josias, the Prophet. Tertullian. Aristarchus. 1792 the Poet Shelley born.

        Thursday, August 5th. Moon Aries.  1396 Gutenberg born.

        Friday, August 6th. Moon Taurus.   Sixtus. Verklarung Christi.

        Saturday, August 7th. Moon Taurus.
        Asra. Cajetan. Donatus. Petrus and Julianus. Ulrika.

        Dr. Starman

        www.DrStarman.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2005

          The Calendar of the Soul

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar:

          This week's mantra.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 7 *
          Es spricht das Weltenwort,
          Das ich durch Sinnestore
          In Seelengründen durfte führen:
          Erfülle deine Geistestiefen
          Mit meinen Weltenweiten,
          Zu finden einstens mich in dir.

          There speaks the World-Word,
          That I through the Senses' Gate
          Into the Soul's Ground would lead:
          "Fill your Spirit-Deeps
          With my World-Widths
          To find one day, Me in you."

          An interpretation:
             The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light
          and warmth, so strong that it dims down the Ego's thinking; then, from out of
          the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in
          the World-Self.
              This week that world speaks to us through the senses' beauty
          which we take in to the soul's depths, saying that as we fill our "I" with
          the expanse of the world, its very essence will become something permanently
          part of us.

          Sunday,  July 17th.  Moon Sagittarius.   Leo IV.

          Monday,  July 18th. Moon Sagittarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.

          Tuesday,  July 19th. Moon Capricorn. St. Vincent de Paul.

          Wednesday, July 20th. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).

          Thursday, July 21st. Moon Aquarius. Daniel.

          Friday, July 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer Bessel born 1784

          Saturday, July 23rd. Moon Pisces.  Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian Teacher in Justinian's Time.