Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Reading Over 12 Holy Nights

  • Janet
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
      I didn't know there were so many different publications. Mine is paperback, 192 pages from AP with no ISBN indicated.

      Anybody else have that one?

      Janet

      jla wrote:

      This is getting a bit humorous ala the Florida election. First the choice and now which hole to we punch to get the right version of the version. In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of St. John's:  one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for 12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with different ISBN's????

      Jeff

      starmann77@... wrote:

      sena@... writes:

      << I agree that there is some uncertainty about whether it starts on
      the 24th night or 25th night. Shall we agree that it will be the 25th
      night? >>

      Sounds fine. I hate to admit it but I was never exactly clear which was the
      first night.

      BTW if anyone wants to buy the book, it's $16.01 from the Anthroposophic
      Press (including $5 for UPS shipping). Or you can look for used copies at
      www.bibliofind.com or bookfinders.com. The press is at this link:
      <A HREF="http://www.anthropress.org/">ANTHROPOSOPHIC PRESS</A>

      Starman

      P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

      Post to steiner@egroups.com

      Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

    • jla
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000

        starmann77@... wrote:

        sena@... writes:

        << I agree that there is some uncertainty about whether it starts on
        the 24th night or 25th night. Shall we agree that it will be the 25th
        night? >>

        Sounds fine. I hate to admit it but I was never exactly clear which was the
        first night.

        BTW if anyone wants to buy the book, it's $16.01 from the Anthroposophic
        Press (including $5 for UPS shipping). Or you can look for used copies at
        www.bibliofind.com or bookfinders.com. The press is at this link:
        <A HREF="http://www.anthropress.org/">ANTHROPOSOPHIC PRESS</A>

        Starman

        P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • Duncan J. Fernando
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
          Jeff,
                    Thanks for pointing out that there are 3 books with similar titles.
          I think the 4 votes have been cast for the collection of 1908 lectures -
          192 pages in  the AP Press edition. All goes to show what a prolific
          writer and lecturer Steiner was.
                      Sena

        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
            > P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.
            Fioredortica@... writes:
            Dear starman,
            this solar eclipse in such a day must mean something? >>

            An eclipse is an interruption in the regular rhythms of Nature. As such, if
            you desire to braek a pattern, to start on a new tack and change the way
            things have been happening over and over, an eclipse time is a period when
            you can make a new start and set up a new rhythm. It doesn't cause anything
            to be different but provides an opportune time for YOU to make a change, a
            time when you can start down a new road.

            *man
          • starmann77@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
              pacbay@... writes:

              << In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of
              St. John's: one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for
              12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in
              Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with
              different ISBN's???? >>

              No, the Floris Press one is the Christian Community translation of the actual
              Gospel of John itself (by Kalmia Bittleston), not lectures by Steiner about
              it.