Re: [steiner] Which Gospel?

  • Gisele Deibeck
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2000
      --- "Duncan J. Fernando" <sena@...> wrote: >
      Hi Gisele,
      > Nice to hear from you. ...........
      I presume that the first night of Christmas
      > is the night
      > of the 25th, and the last night is the night of 5th
      > January.

      Hi Sena,
      I am very happy about this 'holy-nights-on wire'
      opportunity: for the past 7 years I have spent my
      Christmas day and night on my own, and although I'd
      rather be alone with my Angel than in a crowd intent
      on getting drunk and eating meaningless sacrificed
      animals, I still get the odd pang of sadness that
      lonelyness brings sometimes...but I could never find
      ways of participating to those kind of 'alternative'
      Christmases, kind of 'spiritual retreats'that would
      cost me more than a month income..

      So, at last a spiritual inexpensive way of linking
      with like-minded people and honour the birth of Jesus
      Christ without getting mixed up with abundance of food
      while others are starving, alcoholic celebrations
      while others are suffering, and drugs-parties while
      Lux and Arh are laughing their heads off...

      Sounds as Finni is right though, I just found this
      reference in the Anthr Newsletter:
      "...during the Holy Nights which begin on the eve of
      Christmas, 24th December, and arch in time over all of
      us until the festival of the Three Kings on 6th
      January."
      I don't think we should be pedantic about this though,
      but I must admit that Christmas Eve holds a special
      flavour of magic in the air, that atmosphere of
      expectancy... I don't know what the group thinks:
      should we leave it for each one with her/himself or
      start the link that very night?
      Another thing is the timing: if I remember well, you
      are in Britain Sena, same as me, and there might be
      people from continental Europe, but what about our
      friends in the Americas? (There could be people from
      Africa, Asia, Australia as far as I know)
      It would be helpful if each one joining this
      12-nights-study-group could state where they're based
      and if we could think about time-coordination
      I will volunteer for a chapter but I still don't know
      which one until I get the book.

      Arrisentirci! Gisele

    • jla
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2000
        I recall on the voting section at egroups, 4 votes for the Gospel of St.John in Relation. I may have been wrong or this has changed.

        Jeff

        "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

        Jeff,     It WILL be a majority vote (unlike some other elections). At the momentthere are 4 votes for St.John (1908) - Dr.Starman, Janet, Gisele, and myself.Please remind me who apart from yourself is voting for St.John (1909).            Sena
        http://www.esotericlinks.com Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml mailto:sena@...