Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Over 12 Holy Nights

  • Duncan J. Fernando
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
      If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
      page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.
      The easiest way to share JPEGs or GIFs is to upload them
      to the Files store at the group. Any member can upload or download
      files from here. Just click on "Files" in the menu. I'll create a separate
      folder for the 12 Nights.
      Sena

      > Well, most anthropop groups take a mantra or verse of Steiner's to open
      and
      > close the meeting with. A 'virtual' meeting, of course, is a little
      > different... but we could choose a verse to all use together over the 12
      > nights.
      >
      > Is this list set up so that JPEGs will transmit? Then we could share the
      art
      > you mention.
      >
      > I guess it is because I think the Soul-Calendar JPEGs have been going
      thru...

      > Dr. Starman
      >

      > Post to steiner@egroups.com

    • Morgan Vierheller
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
        All;

        > If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
        > page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.

        If I could proffer a verse from a book that we are studying in our College of
        Teachers:

        I look into darkness.
        In it arises light.
        Living light.
        Who is this light in the darkness?
        It is myself in my reality.
        This reality of my Ego
        does not enter into my Earth existence.
        I am only an image of it.
        But I shall find it again
        when I-- with good will for the spirit
        shall have passed through the portal of death.

        This is a meditation Steiner gave (London, 1923) to strengthen the ego. To
        quote from Carlo Pietzner's book, from which this comes:
        "It sums up the very core of the theme of image and reality, because it
        places into the divine center, into the crossing point of the two arms of the
        cross, the sleeping child of our ego.
        (Pietzner used this meditation to sum up his chapter on Image and Reality
        using the image that lives in many during Christmas, the Christmas tree.)

        In this time when we need all of our strength and the nature of our study,
        taking images into our sleep life, I thought this might be appropriate.

        MFV
      • Duncan J. Fernando
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
          That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
          none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?

          Sena
          > > If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
          > > page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.
          >
          > If I could proffer a verse from a book that we are studying in our College
          of
          > Teachers:
          >
          > I look into darkness.
          > In it arises light.
          > Living light.
          > Who is this light in the darkness?
          > It is myself in my reality.
          > This reality of my Ego
          > does not enter into my Earth existence.
          > I am only an image of it.
          > But I shall find it again
          > when I-- with good will for the spirit
          > shall have passed through the portal of death.
          >
          > This is a meditation Steiner gave (London, 1923) to strengthen the ego. To
          > quote from Carlo Pietzner's book, from which this comes:
          > "It sums up the very core of the theme of image and reality, because
          it
          > places into the divine center, into the crossing point of the two arms of
          the
          > cross, the sleeping child of our ego.
          > (Pietzner used this meditation to sum up his chapter on Image and Reality
          > using the image that lives in many during Christmas, the Christmas tree.)
          >
          > In this time when we need all of our strength and the nature of our study,
          > taking images into our sleep life, I thought this might be appropriate.
          >
          > MFV
          >

          > Post to steiner@egroups.com

        • Morgan Vierheller
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2000
            "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

            > That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
            > none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?
            >
            > Sena,

            Steiner writes in many of his books (especially The Syudy of Man) about the
            work we do between falling asleep and waking as a an opportunity to get in
            touch with that part of ourselves that we join after death. Thus, we bring
            our experiences to this dream time each night and do some very important work.
            You might say we have opportunities for enlightenment every time we sleep. It
            is this that is referred to in the verse.

            Morgan