Re: [steiner] Wal Mart Special

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2003
      Hi Everyone!

      It's interesting, too, that if you do a search for Rudolf Steiner on Yahoo,
      you will find his books for sale at Wal-mart! : )

      Having commuted to work every day on the Miami public buses, I have had to
      deal with more than my fair share of bums, crazies and criminals - and at close
      range! Having been mugged four times, my sympathy is not all that high. But I
      do try to see the bigger picture and all of the social and spiritual forces at
      work. Life is so very complex at all levels. Sometimes, the most I am capable
      of is to say inside, "God bless him (or her)," because I am still not
      developed enough to do so. One of my favorite sayings is from Lucy of "Peanuts" fame,

      "I love humanity, it's people I can't stand."

      Hang on to your sense of humor - you're going to need it!

      Christine
    • Julie Heynssens
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2003
        I only go into Wal-Mart about once a year because it
        gives me the creeps. There is something about all
        those people mindlessly putting their products into
        their carts. Half the time they don't even look at
        what they are buying. It makes me think of parasites
        consuming mindlessly without thinking of the
        consequences.

        Have Fun,

        Julie

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 10, 2003
          Dear Group,

          Mathew, I was happy to see your statement of living in a 10 foot
          camper since I joyfully reviewed a kaleidoscope condensed from many
          years of camping here and there with 2 growing children and a huge
          dog! What wonderful scenes of domesticity took place as I beat
          laundry on river stones, in buckets or ocean tides while all of us
          bathed and lived with enormous initiative, gratitude and wonderous
          discoveries so close to the Goddess Natura Herself. The Art of
          Cooking under stones and ground while listening to those sounds only
          wild places grace us with were blessings for both children as well
          as myself. Would that every being share in such marvels! Julie, and
          All, it seems to me Wal-Mart customers exhibit essentially the same
          "behavior" as is to be seen in other commercial enclosures, be they
          I. Magnum, Sears, Gucci and on and on, but perhaps the seeming
          "shrinking" of the world itself into a commonality of purpose of
          sorts as though poised into a "waiting game" of some kind might be a
          factor. Here in California there seems to exist a diversity of
          humanity perhaps not always observed universally - I have neither
          the wisdom nor the knowledge to discriminate too many of the finer
          points, and for quite some years I seem to have mentally visualized
          what I can only coin as a "lemming" mode of collective
          behavior/action dispersed seemingly evenly among mankind but with
          beautifully hopeful exceptions here and there. May we find and
          maintain these hopeful exceptions for ourselves and share them with
          others.

          Blessings,

          Sheila

          I only go into Wal-Mart about once a year because it
          gives me the creeps. There is something about all
          those people mindlessly putting their products into
          their carts. Half the time they don't even look at
          what they are buying. It makes me think of parasites
          consuming mindlessly without thinking of the
          consequences.

          Have Fun,

          Julie

          --- Mathew Morrell <tma4cbt@...> wrote:
          > Dear Group,
          >
          > I had somewhat of a revelation while visiting
          > Wal-Mart last weekend.
          > It wasn't a spiritual revelation, mind you. It was
          > the kind of
          > revelation that comes from watching people rummage
          > through Corn-Nuts
          > or dodging old ladies moping down the aisle in time
          > to make the Blue
          > Light special. It was a Twilight Zone revelation,
          > an overwhelming
          > feeling of strangness. The Wal-Mark customer look
          > so odd! And by
          > odd I mean mentally ill. A look of derrangment
          > seems to hover in the
          > air, mixed with the smell of body odor and cleaning
          > solution, and the
          > incense from the wax in the candle department.
          > Nowhere else do I
          > feel such a strong impression of insanity, except,
          > maybe, at other
          > urban discount stores like Wal Mart. Money, I
          > think, has nothing to
          > do with it, either. I used to be poor myself, I
          > used to live in a
          > ten foot camper, but I at least showered, I washed
          > my hair, I used
          > deoderant, I kept my body in fair condition, kept a
          > head above the
          > poverty, and my hero back then was Saint Francis.
          > The Wal-Mark type
          > we're seeing manifest in contemporary society are
          > really starting to
          > decline spiritually beneath the average human,
          > beneath the ability of
          > basic grooming habits. Many of them ---not all---
          > seem depressed,
          > hung over, dirty, decadent, obese.
          >
          > The prices are good, though. I bought an espresso
          > machine, then went
          > home and made a decaff latte. They're to die for.
          >

          > Mathew Morrell
          > http://kcpost.net/

          http://sbc.yahoo.com

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups
          Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US &
          Canada.
          We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/wpWolB/TM

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at: