Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Reading Over 12 Holy Nights

  • Duncan J. Fernando
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
      Thanks for your offer, Morgan. I'll put your name on the
      calendar at eGroups.
      Sena
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000

        > Starman:
        >
        > P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

        Dear starman,

        this solar eclipse in such a day must mean something?
        What's your guess?

        Gisele.

      • Janet
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
          I didn't know there were so many different publications. Mine is paperback, 192 pages from AP with no ISBN indicated.

          Anybody else have that one?

          Janet

          jla wrote:

          This is getting a bit humorous ala the Florida election. First the choice and now which hole to we punch to get the right version of the version. In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of St. John's:  one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for 12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with different ISBN's????

          Jeff

          starmann77@... wrote:

          sena@... writes:

          << I agree that there is some uncertainty about whether it starts on
          the 24th night or 25th night. Shall we agree that it will be the 25th
          night? >>

          Sounds fine. I hate to admit it but I was never exactly clear which was the
          first night.

          BTW if anyone wants to buy the book, it's $16.01 from the Anthroposophic
          Press (including $5 for UPS shipping). Or you can look for used copies at
          www.bibliofind.com or bookfinders.com. The press is at this link:
          <A HREF="http://www.anthropress.org/">ANTHROPOSOPHIC PRESS</A>

          Starman

          P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        • jla

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
              Jeff,
                        Thanks for pointing out that there are 3 books with similar titles.
              I think the 4 votes have been cast for the collection of 1908 lectures -
              192 pages in  the AP Press edition. All goes to show what a prolific
              writer and lecturer Steiner was.
                          Sena

            • starmann77@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
                Fioredortica@... writes:
                Dear starman,
                this solar eclipse in such a day must mean something? >>

                An eclipse is an interruption in the regular rhythms of Nature. As such, if
                you desire to braek a pattern, to start on a new tack and change the way
                things have been happening over and over, an eclipse time is a period when
                you can make a new start and set up a new rhythm. It doesn't cause anything
                to be different but provides an opportune time for YOU to make a change, a
                time when you can start down a new road.

                *man
              • starmann77@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
                  pacbay@... writes:

                  << In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of
                  St. John's: one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for
                  12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in
                  Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with
                  different ISBN's???? >>

                  No, the Floris Press one is the Christian Community translation of the actual
                  Gospel of John itself (by Kalmia Bittleston), not lectures by Steiner about
                  it.