    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
         Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 2 (St. John's Tide) *
      Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
      Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
      Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
      Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
      Mich selber zu verlassen,
      Vertrauend nur mich suchend
      Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

      The world's beautiful glitter
      Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
      My individual life's godly forces
      To World-Flowing to release;
      My self to abandon
      Trusting only in my seeking
      In World-Light and World-Warmth.

        This week is the event the previous several week's mantras have been
      leading up to: it is the irresistible drive of the deepest forces of the soul
      to surrender ourselves to the light and warmth of the upper spheres. The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

                             **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, July 6th. Moon Libra. First Quarter. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415. 1502 University of Wittenberg founded.

      Monday,   July 7th. Moon Libra.  Demetrius.

      Tuesday,   July 8th. Moon Scorpio. Aquila and Priscilla.

      Wednesday,  July 9th. Moon Scorpio. Anatolia.

      Thursday,   July 10th. Moon Sagittarius. 1509 Calvin born.

      Friday,   July 11th. Moon Sagittarius. Pius I.

      Saturday,   July 12th. Moon Capricorn. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

                ***************************

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *

      Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht
      Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb
      Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime
      In Weltengrunden wurzeln
      Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel
      Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

      "To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,
      Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive
      That light-filled Soul-Seeds
      In World-Ground take root
      And God's Word in Senses' Darkness
      Makes clear all Being it resounds through."

      This week's Southern Hemisphere mantra:
          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to Nature Consciousness) grows. Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others. This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darknesss of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2004
        Sorry to be late with this week's mailing.
        -starman

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        This week's mantra.
            For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 2 (St. John's Tide) *
        Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
        Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
        Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
        Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
        Mich selber zu verlassen,
        Vertrauend nur mich suchend
        Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

        The world's beautiful glitter,
        It forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
        My individual life's godly forces
        To World-Flowing to release;
        My self to abandon
        Trusting only in my seeking
        In World-Light and World-Warmth.

          This week is the event the previous several week's mantras have been
        leading up to: it is the irresistible drive of the deepest forces of the soul
        to surrender ourselves to the light and warmth of the upper spheres.
        The motif of St. John's/Midsummer: "To find yourself, first lose yourself."

                                            **********************************

        Sunday, June 27th.  Moon Scorpio. Phillipina.

        Monday, June 28th. Moon Scorpio.  Leo.

        Tuesday, June 29th. Moon Sagittarius. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

        Wednesday, June 30th. Moon Sagittarius.   Festival in Memory of Paul.

        Thursday, July 1st. Moon Capricorn.   G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

        Friday, July 2nd. Moon Capricorn. Full Moon. 1778 Rousseau died.

        Saturday, July 3rd. Moon Aquarius.
          Anatolius.

          Planets :  Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for a few hours afterwards in the Southwest, amongst the stars of the Lion.

        Dr. Starman

        www.DrStarman.net