    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2003

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
         Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is in this sun-hour
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you you feel to live through:
      Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.

      *******Interpretation: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling--- and we have a fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again
      in Spirit-Being in the heights of summer.

                             **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, June 29th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

      Monday,   June 30th. Moon Cancer. Festival in Memory of Paul.

      Tuesday,   July 1st. Moon Leo.  G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

      Wednesday,  July 2nd. Moon Leo. 1778 Rousseau died.

      Thursday,   July 3rd. Moon Virgo.  Anatolius.

      Friday,   July 4th. Moon Virgo.  Ulrich.

      Saturday,   July 5th. Moon Libra.  Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).

      P,S. The Moon will be seen near Jupiter Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

                ***************************

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
      In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
      Zur Offenbarung drangend
      Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
      Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
      Mit meinem Geisteslicht
      Zu opfern dich durch mich.

      "In my Being's Deeps speaks
      Urging me to Revelation
      Mysteriously the World-Word:
      'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
      With My Spirit-Light
      To offer yourself up through Me' "

      Interpretation: This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 57 KB

                             The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner
      gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th through July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, orange) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *

      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde

      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;

      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,

      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:

      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich

      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is in this sun-hour

      For you, the wise prophecy to know;

      To World-Beauty given over,

      In you you feel to live through:

      Man's I can lose itself

      And find itself in the World-I.

      *******The spiritual force of the summer light in the outer world of the senses is now so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a

      fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again in spirit-being in the height of summer.

      The summer motif is: "Lose yourself to find yourself."

             ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* ********* *******

           THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, June 21st. Moon Gemini.  Eusebius.

       .

      Monday, June 22nd. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

      .

      Tuesday, June 23rd. Moon Cancer. Colombus born 1456.

      .

      Wednesday, June 24th. Moon Leo.  John the Baptist (St. John’s Day).

      .

      Thursday, June 25th. Moon Leo. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

       .

      Friday, June 26th. Moon Virgo. Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D..

      Saturday, June 27th. Moon Virgo.  Phillipina.

      PLANETS in the Night Sky: Saturn is visible in the South from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion. The moon passes by it Saturday night.

      PLANETS in the Morning Sky: Before sunrise, Venus and Mars are visible in the East amongst the dim stars of the Fishes every morning this week.

      Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the southeast-south from midnight till dawn.