Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Over 12 Holy Nights

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2000
      In a message dated 12/1/00 3:31:51 PM, sena@... writes:

      << Dr.Starman,
      Could you please clarify that bit about "opening with a verse"?
      Are there verses in Steiner's book, or do you mean a verse from the
      Gospel?
      So the suggestions for participation so far are:
      (a) Verbal messages.
      (b) Artistic activity - sharing of drawings, diagrams etc.
      (c) Sharing of relevant dreams. >>

      Well, most anthropop groups take a mantra or verse of Steiner's to open and
      close the meeting with. A 'virtual' meeting, of course, is a little
      different... but we could choose a verse to all use together over the 12
      nights.

      Is this list set up so that JPEGs will transmit? Then we could share the art
      you mention.

      I guess it is because I think the Soul-Calendar JPEGs have been going thru...

      Dr. Starman
    • Duncan J. Fernando
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
        Hello Finni,
        Nice to hear from you . As you are a member of the Steiner
        group you are by right a part of the Holy Nights discussion.
        Prokofieff's book sounds very interesting. One thing I would
        disagree with is your reference to 13 nights. Steiner points out in "Occult
        History" that the 12
        Archangels corresponding to the 12 signs of the Zodiac are actually
        represented in Man (the microcosm) by the 12 pairs of main nerves
        emanating from the brain.
        Sena

        Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
          If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
          page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.
          The easiest way to share JPEGs or GIFs is to upload them
          to the Files store at the group. Any member can upload or download
          files from here. Just click on "Files" in the menu. I'll create a separate
          folder for the 12 Nights.
          Sena

          > Well, most anthropop groups take a mantra or verse of Steiner's to open
          and
          > close the meeting with. A 'virtual' meeting, of course, is a little
          > different... but we could choose a verse to all use together over the 12
          > nights.
          >
          > Is this list set up so that JPEGs will transmit? Then we could share the
          art
          > you mention.
          >
          > I guess it is because I think the Soul-Calendar JPEGs have been going
          thru...

          > Dr. Starman
          >

          > Post to steiner@egroups.com

        • Morgan Vierheller
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
            All;

            > If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
            > page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.

            If I could proffer a verse from a book that we are studying in our College of
            Teachers:

            I look into darkness.
            In it arises light.
            Living light.
            Who is this light in the darkness?
            It is myself in my reality.
            This reality of my Ego
            does not enter into my Earth existence.
            I am only an image of it.
            But I shall find it again
            when I-- with good will for the spirit
            shall have passed through the portal of death.

            This is a meditation Steiner gave (London, 1923) to strengthen the ego. To
            quote from Carlo Pietzner's book, from which this comes:
            "It sums up the very core of the theme of image and reality, because it
            places into the divine center, into the crossing point of the two arms of the
            cross, the sleeping child of our ego.
            (Pietzner used this meditation to sum up his chapter on Image and Reality
            using the image that lives in many during Christmas, the Christmas tree.)

            In this time when we need all of our strength and the nature of our study,
            taking images into our sleep life, I thought this might be appropriate.

            MFV
          • Duncan J. Fernando
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2000
              That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
              none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?

              Sena
              > > If you would suggest a verse, Dr.Starman, I could put it on the front
              > > page of the eGroup site for the duration of the event.
              >
              > If I could proffer a verse from a book that we are studying in our College
              of
              > Teachers:
              >
              > I look into darkness.
              > In it arises light.
              > Living light.
              > Who is this light in the darkness?
              > It is myself in my reality.
              > This reality of my Ego
              > does not enter into my Earth existence.
              > I am only an image of it.
              > But I shall find it again
              > when I-- with good will for the spirit
              > shall have passed through the portal of death.
              >
              > This is a meditation Steiner gave (London, 1923) to strengthen the ego. To
              > quote from Carlo Pietzner's book, from which this comes:
              > "It sums up the very core of the theme of image and reality, because
              it
              > places into the divine center, into the crossing point of the two arms of
              the
              > cross, the sleeping child of our ego.
              > (Pietzner used this meditation to sum up his chapter on Image and Reality
              > using the image that lives in many during Christmas, the Christmas tree.)
              >
              > In this time when we need all of our strength and the nature of our study,
              > taking images into our sleep life, I thought this might be appropriate.
              >
              > MFV
              >

              > Post to steiner@egroups.com

            • Morgan Vierheller
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2000
                "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

                > That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
                > none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?
                >
                > Sena,

                Steiner writes in many of his books (especially The Syudy of Man) about the
                work we do between falling asleep and waking as a an opportunity to get in
                touch with that part of ourselves that we join after death. Thus, we bring
                our experiences to this dream time each night and do some very important work.
                You might say we have opportunities for enlightenment every time we sleep. It
                is this that is referred to in the verse.

                Morgan