Calendar of the Soul, Week 10 After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2003

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

      Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and in outer Nature during the year, always starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *
      Zu sommerlichen Höhen
      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
      Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen
      In seine Raumesweiten mit.
      Erahnend regt im Innern sich
      Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,
      Erkennen wirst du einst:
      Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights
      Rises the Sun's Light-filled Essence;
      It draws my human Feeling
      Into the widths of Space with it.
      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
      You will realize one day:
      You feel now a God's Essence.

      The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,
      growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out
      with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact
      in the heights of summer.

                             **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches &indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, June 22nd. Moon Aries. Wilhelm von Humboldt born 1767.

      Monday,   June 23rd. Moon Taurus.  Colombus born 1456.

      Tuesday,   June 24th. Moon Taurus. John the Baptist (St. John's Day).

      Wednesday,  June 25th. Moon Taurus. Wilhelm Jordan died 1904.

      Thursday,   June 26th. Moon Gemini.  Julian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

      Friday,   June 27th. Moon Gemini. Phillipina.

      Saturday,   June 28th. Moon Cancer. Leo.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 5  *
      Kann ich das Sein erkennen
      Dass es sich wiederfindet
      Im Seelenschaffensdrange?
      Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n
      Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst
      Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

      Can I so know Existence
      That it is found again
      In my Soul's Creative Urge?
      I feel that Might is lent me
      For my Self to live at one with
      and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

      (Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, we found
      within this growing self-consciousness the World's power flowing into deeds
      in such a way that the self could imprint its nature onto the world. This
      week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the
      self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one
      with the world.)