Re: [steiner] Re: Gospel of John Reading Over 12 Holy Nights

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2000
      sena@... writes:

      << I agree that there is some uncertainty about whether it starts on
      the 24th night or 25th night. Shall we agree that it will be the 25th
      night? >>

      Sounds fine. I hate to admit it but I was never exactly clear which was the
      first night.

      BTW if anyone wants to buy the book, it's $16.01 from the Anthroposophic
      Press (including $5 for UPS shipping). Or you can look for used copies at
      www.bibliofind.com or bookfinders.com. The press is at this link:
      <A HREF="http://www.anthropress.org/">ANTHROPOSOPHIC PRESS</A>

      Starman

      P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.
    • Duncan J. Fernando
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
        Thanks for your offer, Morgan. I'll put your name on the
        calendar at eGroups.
        Sena
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000

          > Starman:
          >
          > P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

          Dear starman,

          this solar eclipse in such a day must mean something?
          What's your guess?

          Gisele.

        • Janet
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
            I didn't know there were so many different publications. Mine is paperback, 192 pages from AP with no ISBN indicated.

            Anybody else have that one?

            Janet

            jla wrote:

            This is getting a bit humorous ala the Florida election. First the choice and now which hole to we punch to get the right version of the version. In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of St. John's:  one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for 12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with different ISBN's????

            Jeff

            starmann77@... wrote:

            sena@... writes:

            << I agree that there is some uncertainty about whether it starts on
            the 24th night or 25th night. Shall we agree that it will be the 25th
            night? >>

            Sounds fine. I hate to admit it but I was never exactly clear which was the
            first night.

            BTW if anyone wants to buy the book, it's $16.01 from the Anthroposophic
            Press (including $5 for UPS shipping). Or you can look for used copies at
            www.bibliofind.com or bookfinders.com. The press is at this link:
            <A HREF="http://www.anthropress.org/">ANTHROPOSOPHIC PRESS</A>

            Starman

            P.S. There's also a solar eclipse Christmas day.

            Post to steiner@egroups.com

            Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

          • jla

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
                Jeff,
                          Thanks for pointing out that there are 3 books with similar titles.
                I think the 4 votes have been cast for the collection of 1908 lectures -
                192 pages in  the AP Press edition. All goes to show what a prolific
                writer and lecturer Steiner was.
                            Sena

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
                  Fioredortica@... writes:
                  Dear starman,
                  this solar eclipse in such a day must mean something? >>

                  An eclipse is an interruption in the regular rhythms of Nature. As such, if
                  you desire to braek a pattern, to start on a new tack and change the way
                  things have been happening over and over, an eclipse time is a period when
                  you can make a new start and set up a new rhythm. It doesn't cause anything
                  to be different but provides an opportune time for YOU to make a change, a
                  time when you can start down a new road.

                  *man
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2000
                    pacbay@... writes:

                    << In AP press on line catalog there are listed three Gospel of
                    St. John's: one by Floris Press for 9.95 with 129 pages: the other for
                    12.95 with 192 pages by AP Press! and the last which we eliminated (in
                    Relation to the Other Gospels). Are first two the same cycles with
                    different ISBN's???? >>

                    No, the Floris Press one is the Christian Community translation of the actual
                    Gospel of John itself (by Kalmia Bittleston), not lectures by Steiner about
                    it.