Calendar of the Soul, Week 9 After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2003

         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and in outer Nature during the year, always starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days. Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 9 *
      Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
      Erfüllet Weltenwärme sommerkündend
      Mir Geist und Seelenwesen;
      Im Lichte mich zu verlieren
      Gebietet mir das Geisteschauen,
      Und kraftvoll kündet Ahnung mir:
      Verieren dich, und dich zu finden.

      Forgetting my Egohood's Will,
      The World-Warmth, heralding Summer,
      Fills my Spirit and Soul-Essence;
      To lose myself in the Light,
      The Spirit-Vision commands me,
      And powerfully prophesies to me:
      Lose yourself, and yourself you'll find.

      (The spiritual force of the light in the outer world grows so strong that
      the soul and spirit wants to let go of self-will and lose our being in it;
      this is what we should do at this time, for it's a stage in a process
      necessary in order to find oneself again anew later in the year.)

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of the TWINS done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, June 15th. Moon Capricorn.
      Vitus.

      Monday,   June 16th. Moon Aquarius.
      Aurelius.

      Tuesday,   June 17th. Moon Aquarius.
      Montanus.

      Wednesday,  June 18th. Moon Aquarius.
      Markus.

      Thursday,   June 19th. Moon Pisces.
      Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

      Friday,   June 20th. Moon Pisces.
      Silverius.

      Saturday,   June 21st. Moon Aries.
        Eusebius.

      The Moon will be seen close to the planet Mars Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

      Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
      Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
      Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
      Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
      In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
      Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

      Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
      With newly-arisen Self-Being
      Within me I feel enlivened:
      It shall let flow awakened World-Power
      Into my Life's outer work
      And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

      This week's mantram:
      Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, this inner
      self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the
      world, and saw it, without our soul's participation on it, as an icy, dead
      wasteland---and that all we create detached from the world would likewise be
      dead. Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a
      mysterious way, all our precious treasure of experience again come to life,
      and thus the World's power now consiously flows into the deeds of life in
      such a way that the self can imprint its nature onto the world.