Spiders

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23 12:25 PM
      Dear Group,

      Last summer I was weeding my patio when, up out of a hole, immerged
      the biggest goddamn spider I've seen in my life, a good deal larger
      than the tarantulas I used to see in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri,
      and even larger than anything I've seen on TV. The spider had a
      below-ground nest underneath a concrete slab where it has grown very
      fat on the plentiful array of insects who unwittingly crawl into the
      webless lair. Crickets mostly, rolly pollys, ants. . . and probably
      a dead chicken or two. The spider was gray and hairless and sent
      shivers of abhorrance up my spine as I gazed at its headless face and
      its rows of black, all-seeing eyes. Fear has wonderfull way of
      sharpening your concentration ---and for a minute or so I was "at
      one" with this creature. The impression I had at that moment was that
      the actual mind and consciousness of the spider did not exist within
      the body. In that sense, it was a lot like a plant. Its mind was
      centered outside and around the body within a clear etheric aura,
      instead of within the brain. So strong was this impression that I
      felt as if the spider "saw" me, not from its eyes, but from the aura
      that surrounded it. The actual body seemed secondary, much like we
      feel towards our hand or legs.

      Just a little thought as we enter summertime and we all head out to
      our gardens.

      Mathew Morrell
      http://www.kcpost.net/