Date of Crucifixion

    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2003
      Astronomers 'pinpoint time and date of crucifixion and resurrection'
      Two Romanian astronomers say their research shows Christ died at 3pm on a Friday, and rose again at 4am on a Sunday.
      Liviu Mircea and Tiberiu Oproiu claim to have pinpointed the exact time and date of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.The pair, from the Astronomic Observatory Institute in Cluj, Romania, say Jesus died at 3pm on Friday, April 3, 33 AD, and rose again at 4am on Sunday, April 5.
      They used a computer programme to check biblical references against historical astronomical data.
      They said the New Testament stated that Jesus died the day after the first night with a full moon, after the vernal equinox.Using data gathered on the stars between 26 and 35 AD they established that in those nine years, the first full moon after the vernal equinox was registered on a Friday only twice - on Friday, April 7, 30 AD, and on Friday, April 3, 33 AD.
      They were convinced the date of the crucifixion was 33 AD, and not 30 AD, because records showed a solar eclipse, as depicted in the Bible at the time of Jesus' crucifixion, occurred in Jerusalem that year.

      Story filed: 11:33 Thursday 8th May 2003

      *******Interesting story because, as some of you may know, Steiner said that April 3rd, 33 AD was the true death day of Jesus.

    • Lutz Baar
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2003
        You will find these calculations already in the book "Chronical of the Living Christ" by Robert Powell from 1996.
        He sets the day of death to Friday, April 3, A.D. 33 ( as Steiner does in his Kalender from 1912/13, entry: April 3.) and the resurrection at dawn on Easter Sunday, April 5, A.D. 33 - exactly 33 1/3 years less 1 1/2 days after the birth of Jesus just before midnight on Saturday/Sunday, December 6/7, 2 B.C. (page 352)

        Lutz
[...]

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • churchinnerlight@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2003
          In a message dated 5/12/2003 3:17:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, info@... writes:

          You will find these calculations already in the book "Chronical of the Living Christ" by Robert Powell from 1996.
          He sets the day of death to Friday, April 3, A.D. 33 ( as Steiner does in his Kalender from 1912/13, entry: April 3.) and the resurrection at dawn on Easter Sunday, April 5, A.D. 33 - exactly 33 1/3 years less 1 1/2 days after the birth of Jesus just before midnight on Saturday/Sunday, December 6/7, 2 B.C. (page 352)

          But I don't know where Powell got a Dec. 7th birth day from, or 2 B.C.
        • Lutz Baar
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2003
            Hi James,

            according to Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824) the birth took place on Kislev 12 in 2 B.C. which matches dec.7, 2 B.C. in our calendar.

            Lutz

            Message 5 of 6 , May 12, 2003

              >>according to Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824) the birth took place on Kislev 12 in 2 B.C. which matches dec.7, 2 B.C. in our calendar.

              Lutz

                   But why is she being accepted as an authority? Who is she?
                  The Edgar Cayce Readings said Jesus was born about March 19th, but  one calendar change (adopting the Julian calendar) made the date into Dec. 25th, and then a second (changing to the Gregorian) made it Jan. 6th---or maybe it was vice versa, Starman? (He gave us a talk about this.) But I've never heard anyone claim an early December date. The shepherds had their sheep out in the fields, which they don't do in the winter. The lambing season is the spring time.
                                                                                Rev. Jim

            • Faxmail Gateway
              Message 6 of 6 , May 14, 2003
                It would also depend upon which birth one is tracking,
                yes?

                http://search.yahoo.com