Calendar of the Soul, Week 4

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2003
         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and without during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
          Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      * M A N T R A # 4 *

      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      "I feel the essence of my essence":
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With flooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking's Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      *******Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and , as we join our THINKING to the SENSES, we re-unite it with the world.

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. A symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below,

      Sunday, May 11th. Moon Virgo. Otto von Guernicke (inventor of the air-pump) died 1686.

      Monday,  May 12th. Moon Libra.  Pancratius.

      Tuesday,  May 13th. Moon Libra.  Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      Wednesday, May 14th. Moon Scorpio. Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

      Thursday, May 15th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

      Friday, May 16th. Moon Sagittarius.  Sarah. Suzanne.

      Saturday, May 17th. Moon Sagittarius.  Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

      *******The full moon Thursday night will also feature a lunar eclipse.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 9  *

      Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten
      Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,
      Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend
      Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,
      Ist mir nun Sommererbe
      Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

      The Glowing Light of Thinking
      Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,
      Life's meaningfulness interpreting
      Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,