Re: [steiner] Re: The Rosicrucian Path

    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2003
      In a message dated 5/7/2003 9:18:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, ronsquibbs@... writes:

      >  For people just beginning, what I recommend are the thinking
      exercises,
      >like the 'Ruckschau' or daily review of your actions, along with
      simply
      >recording your dreams. Don't speculate on their meanings, but
      simply start be
      >able to remember "I experienced this, I remember observing that."

      Are the Ruckschau exercises related to the daily themes that are
      posted on the Steiner e.Lib site? Is there a written source that
      contains all of those exercises?

      *******The "ruckschau"  ("look-back") is an exercise you do at the end of each day, where you review the actions of your day in reverse order. It's easy to see how reviewing your actions each day would help with being more mindful of what you do; but you do it in reverse order for two reasons. First, it requires more inner strength to recall events in the OPPOSITE sequence from the way the world gave them to you, and, second, time flows 'backwards' on the astral plane, relative to the physical plane. This is why this exercise improves your dream recall, because you experience dreams on the astral plane.