Soul-Calendar, Week 2

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2003
         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Steiner gave out 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and without during the year, starting with the first one at Easter. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original "Calendar of the Soul" also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
          Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
      thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
      the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries from April 14th to 30th in our era. A symbolic image of the Ram done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below. We'll send the Bull next week.

      Sunday, April 27th. Moon Pisces.   Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Monday,  April 28th. Moon Aries.   Eusebius.

      Tuesday,  April 29th. Moon Aries.  The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Wednesday, April 30th. Moon Taurus.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

      Thursday, May 1st. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Walpurgis.

      Friday, May 2nd. Moon Gemini. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Saturday, May 3rd. Moon Gemini.  Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      P.S. The Moon will appear close to the planet Saturn Saturday night.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 7  *

      In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
      Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
      Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
      Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
      In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
      Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

      In my essence's deeps is a force:
      It excites a premonition-filled yearning
      That I in my self-contemplation find
      As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
      In Autumn's approach warming lives
      As my Soul's Power-Drive.

      *******Sorry this week's posting is late.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

        days.

        constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era.
        A version of the new symbolic image of the RAM from the original
        Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
        attached to this e-mail.

        This week's mantra.
        uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
        experience.

        English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 2 *
        Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
        Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
        Es finden Geisteswelten
        Den Menschensprossen wieder,
        Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
        Doch seine Seelenfrucht
        In sich muss finden.

        In outer World of the Senses
        Thinking�s might loses its Self-existence;
        The Spiritual Worlds find
        The offspring of Man again,
        Whose seed is in them
        But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
        Within itself.

        The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
        our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
        thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
        the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

        **********************************

        some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

        Sunday, April 15th. Moon Aries. Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

        Monday, April 16th. Moon Aries. Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th
        century).

        Tuesday, April 17th. Moon Taurus. New Moon. Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

        Wednesday, April 18th. Moon Taurus. Apollonius (Christian philosopher of
        the 2nd century).

        Thursday, April 19th. Moon Gemini. Darwin died 1882.

        Friday, April 20th. Moon Gemini. Sulpicius.

        Saturday, April 21st. Moon Cancer. Mohammed born 571.

        PLANETS:
        Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun each
        evening. The bright reddish star close to it is Aldebaran, the Eye of the
        Bull of Taurus.

        Saturn is high in the sky in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset, at
        the feet of the Lion,
        directly south (on the meridian) about 7 PM.

        Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast an hour after sunset.

        $771/month*
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 30 11:56 AM

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

          These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

          Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era.
          A version of a new symbolic image of the FISHES (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

          * M A N T R A #  2 *

          Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

          Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

          Es finden Geisteswelten

          Den Menschensprossen wieder,

          Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

          Doch seine Seelenfrucht

          In sich muss finden.

          In outer World of the Senses

          Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

          The Spiritual Worlds find

          The offspring of Man again,

          Whose seed is in them

          But who must find its Soul-Fruit

          Within itself.

              The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through US.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

          Sunday, March 30th. Moon Capricorn. Guido v. Arezzo (Benedictine monk of the 11th century, worked at reforming Church music).

          Monday, March 31st. Moon Aquarius. The Prophet Amos. The Prophet Jeremiah. Newton died 1727. Bunsen born 1811.

          Tuesday, April 1st. Moon Aquarius. Hugo (11th cent. Guardian of the Cartesian Order).

          Wednesday April 2nd. Moon Pisces. Francis de Paul, founder of the order in the 15th century. Theodosia, martyr in 4th century. Charlemagne born 742. Morse died 1872.

          Thursday, April 3rd. Moon Pisces. The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

          Friday, April 4th. Moon Aries. Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

          Saturday, April 5th. Moon Aries. New Moon. Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

             MARS is on the meridian at sunset, near the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini).

              Yellowish SATURN is in the southeast at sunset, beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus, south of the Big Dipper.

              JUPITER, the brightest object in the sky after the Sun and Moon and Venus, can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southeast from about 2 hours before sunrise on till dawn. Bright white Jupiter is next to the stars of the Scorpion in the south; the waning moon is seen close to it Monday morning the 31st.

          Dr. Starman

          www.DrStarman. com (web site down for remodelling)

          www.DrStarman.com

          Test your Star IQ Play now!