Re: [steiner] Mantras

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2003
      sarahfe@... writes:
      > Thanks for your comments. Where are the meditative mantras
      > to be found for
      > the days of the week_ --
      > yours,
      > Sarah FE

      *******The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
      http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

      I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

      Dr. Starman
    • alwynriver
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
        Sarah Ford Elliott wrote on Apr 27, 2003 10:09am on Mantras-
        …Where are the meditative mantras to be found for the days of the
        week_

        DRStarman2001wrote on Apr 27, 2003 9:44pm Re: Mantras-
        …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week
        can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called
        Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
        http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

        I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week
        (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are
        also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten
        copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or
        perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

        Alwyn writes -
        The mantras that follow are from a book copy of Guidance in Esoteric
        Training

        MEDITATIONS WHICH EXPRESS THE TIME-SUBSTANCE OF THE HIERARCHIES

        Daily verses

        On Friday practice the verse for Saturday, and so on. You can do it
        several times during the day, and try to spend 20-30 minutes in the
        depth of such a verse. You will gain very much through this for the
        achievement of a relationship with the mystery of the all permeating
        sevenfoldness.
        The day begins in he occult sense at 6pm.

        FRIDAY FOR SATURDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        You whose existence filled infinite space
        when of my bodily members
        Naught was present as yet.
        Thou wert.
        I lift up my soul into thee.
        I was in thee.
        I was a part of thy power.
        Thou didst send out thy forces,
        And in the first beginnings of the Earth
        Was mirrored my body's original form.
        Within thine out-sent forces
        Was I myself.
        Thou wert.
        On thee did my archetype gaze,
        It gazed on me myself,
        I who was a part of thee.
        Thou wert.

        SATURDAY FOR SUNDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        From thy life sprang many archetypes
        Long ago when my life-forces
        Had yet no present being)
        Thou wert
        I lift up my soul unto thee
        I was in thee
        I was a part of thy forces.
        Thou didst unite thyself
        At the Earth's first beginning
        With the Life-Sun,
        And gav'st me force of life.
        Within thy radiant life-forces
        Was I myself.
        Thou wert.
        My life-force radiated in thy force
        Into Space,
        My body began its becoming
        Within Time.
        Thou wert

        SUNDAY FOR MONDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        Within thy forms of life shone forth sensation
        When my sensation
        Had yet no present being.
        Thou wert
        I lift up my soul unto thee.
        I was in thee,
        I was a part of thy sensations.
        Thou didst unite thyself
        Even with the Earth's Beginning,
        and in my body began
        The shining forth of own sensation.
        Within thy feelings
        I felt myself Thou wert
        My sensations felt thy Being in themselves,
        My soul began to be within itself,
        Since thou wert in me.
        Thou wert

        MONDAY FOR TUESDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        In thy sensations lived knowledge
        When none as yet was given to me
        Thou wert
        I lift up my soul unto thee.
        I drew into my body
        In my sensations I lived unto myself.
        Thou wert in the Life-Sun
        In my sensation
        thy Being lived as my being.
        My soul's life
        was outside thy life.
        Thou wert.
        My soul felt its own being Within.
        In it arose longing-
        the longing for thee,
        from whom at first it came
        Thou wert

        TUESDAY FOR WEDNESDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        In the Knowledge of thy being is World-Knowledge
        Which is to grow mine.
        Thou art.
        I will unite my soul with thee:
        May thine appointed Guide
        enlighten my way;
        Feeling thine appointed Guide
        May I tread the path of life.
        He is in the Life Sun;
        He lived in my longing,
        I will accept his Being
        Into mine
        Thou art
        May my strength receive
        The strength of thine appointed Guide within it.
        Blissfulness enters me -
        the bliss wherein the soul
        discovers Spirit.
        Thou art

        WEDNESDAY FOR THURSDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        Within thy Light streams forth life of Earth,
        My life is in thine.
        Thou art.
        My soul is active within thine.
        With thine appointed Guide I go my way;
        I live with him.
        His being is the forming Image
        Of my own being.
        Thou art.
        Present within my soul-the Guide finds thee,
        Great all encompassing Spirit.
        Bliss now is mine
        From thy Being's breath
        Thou art

        THURSDAY FOR FRIDAY

        Great all-encompassing Spirit,
        In thy Life I live with the life of the Earth.
        In thee I am
        Thou art
        I am in thee.
        The Guide has bought me to thee;
        I live in thee.
        Thy Spirit is
        the forming image of my own being.
        Thou art.
        Spirit has found
        the encompassing Spirit.
        Divine Bliss goes onward
        to new World-creation,
        Thou art. I am. Thou art

        EVERYDAY, AFTER THE FORGOING

        Great all-encompassing Spirit:
        May my 'I' from below uplift itself on high,
        May it divine Thee in the All-embracing.
        May the Spirit of my being glow
        With the light of thy Messengers;
        May the Soul of my Being be enkindled
        By the fiery flames of thy Servers;
        The Will of my 'I' lay hold
        On the power of thy Creator-Word
        Thou art
        May: thy Light stream into my Spirit;
        Thy Life make warm my Soul;
        Thy Being imbue my Will
        So that I win understanding:
        For the shining of thy Light;
        For the loving ardour of thy Life,
        For thy Being's Creator-Word
        Thou art.

        in friendship
        Alwyn
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
          chris@... writes:

          Sarah Ford Elliott wrote on Apr 27, 2003 10:09am on Mantras-
          …Where are the meditative mantras to be found for the days of the week_

          DRStarman2001wrote on Apr 27, 2003 9:44pm Re: Mantras-
          …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week
          can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called
          Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
          http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

          I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week
          (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are
          also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten
          copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or
          perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

          Alwyn writes -
          The mantras that follow are from a book copy of Guidance in Esoteric Training

          *******Thanks for posting those, Chris! I had only the German originals which is what I use.

             And to clarify, the reason why it's said you use Friday's mantra for Saturday, etc. is that after Friday sunset you are actually in the day of Saturday. Steiner starts the days at sunset the night before, as the ancient Hebrews did. "The evening and the morning were the fourth day." So on Friday night you would use Saturday's, Saturday night you would use Sunday's, and so on.

          Starman

[...]

             From thy life sprang many archetypes
[...]

             From thy Being's breath
          Thou art

          THURSDAY FOR FRIDAY

[...]

        • Micheline
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16 5:21 AM
            > …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the
            week
            > can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school,
            called
            > Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
            > http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

            This document only contains part of the whole text, like the
            meditations for the 8 days are not included.

            Can someone post the rest of the text?

            And is the the english translation of the german text complete? and
            available in book stores?

            Another question:

            Does someone know if the author of 'Foundations at the periphery:
            Rudolf Steiner's Observations on Star Knowledge' R.S.W. Bobbette has
            an email address where he/she can be reached?

            This truly interesting compilation is also available on the site
            mentioned above.

            Thank you,

            Micheline Naud