Mantras

  • Sarah Ford Elliott
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2003
      Thanks for your comments. Where are the meditative mantras to be found for
      the days of the week_

      --
      yours,

      Sarah FE

      It is better to light a candle
      Than to curse the darkness
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2003
        sarahfe@... writes:
        > Thanks for your comments. Where are the meditative mantras
        > to be found for
        > the days of the week_ --
        > yours,
        > Sarah FE

        *******The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
        http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

        I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

        Dr. Starman
      • alwynriver
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
          Sarah Ford Elliott wrote on Apr 27, 2003 10:09am on Mantras-
          …Where are the meditative mantras to be found for the days of the
          week_

          DRStarman2001wrote on Apr 27, 2003 9:44pm Re: Mantras-
          …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week
          can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called
          Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
          http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

          I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week
          (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are
          also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten
          copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or
          perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

          Alwyn writes -
          The mantras that follow are from a book copy of Guidance in Esoteric
          Training

          MEDITATIONS WHICH EXPRESS THE TIME-SUBSTANCE OF THE HIERARCHIES

          Daily verses

          On Friday practice the verse for Saturday, and so on. You can do it
          several times during the day, and try to spend 20-30 minutes in the
          depth of such a verse. You will gain very much through this for the
          achievement of a relationship with the mystery of the all permeating
          sevenfoldness.
          The day begins in he occult sense at 6pm.

          FRIDAY FOR SATURDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          You whose existence filled infinite space
          when of my bodily members
          Naught was present as yet.
          Thou wert.
          I lift up my soul into thee.
          I was in thee.
          I was a part of thy power.
          Thou didst send out thy forces,
          And in the first beginnings of the Earth
          Was mirrored my body's original form.
          Within thine out-sent forces
          Was I myself.
          Thou wert.
          On thee did my archetype gaze,
          It gazed on me myself,
          I who was a part of thee.
          Thou wert.

          SATURDAY FOR SUNDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          From thy life sprang many archetypes
          Long ago when my life-forces
          Had yet no present being)
          Thou wert
          I lift up my soul unto thee
          I was in thee
          I was a part of thy forces.
          Thou didst unite thyself
          At the Earth's first beginning
          With the Life-Sun,
          And gav'st me force of life.
          Within thy radiant life-forces
          Was I myself.
          Thou wert.
          My life-force radiated in thy force
          Into Space,
          My body began its becoming
          Within Time.
          Thou wert

          SUNDAY FOR MONDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          Within thy forms of life shone forth sensation
          When my sensation
          Had yet no present being.
          Thou wert
          I lift up my soul unto thee.
          I was in thee,
          I was a part of thy sensations.
          Thou didst unite thyself
          Even with the Earth's Beginning,
          and in my body began
          The shining forth of own sensation.
          Within thy feelings
          I felt myself Thou wert
          My sensations felt thy Being in themselves,
          My soul began to be within itself,
          Since thou wert in me.
          Thou wert

          MONDAY FOR TUESDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          In thy sensations lived knowledge
          When none as yet was given to me
          Thou wert
          I lift up my soul unto thee.
          I drew into my body
          In my sensations I lived unto myself.
          Thou wert in the Life-Sun
          In my sensation
          thy Being lived as my being.
          My soul's life
          was outside thy life.
          Thou wert.
          My soul felt its own being Within.
          In it arose longing-
          the longing for thee,
          from whom at first it came
          Thou wert

          TUESDAY FOR WEDNESDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          In the Knowledge of thy being is World-Knowledge
          Which is to grow mine.
          Thou art.
          I will unite my soul with thee:
          May thine appointed Guide
          enlighten my way;
          Feeling thine appointed Guide
          May I tread the path of life.
          He is in the Life Sun;
          He lived in my longing,
          I will accept his Being
          Into mine
          Thou art
          May my strength receive
          The strength of thine appointed Guide within it.
          Blissfulness enters me -
          the bliss wherein the soul
          discovers Spirit.
          Thou art

          WEDNESDAY FOR THURSDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          Within thy Light streams forth life of Earth,
          My life is in thine.
          Thou art.
          My soul is active within thine.
          With thine appointed Guide I go my way;
          I live with him.
          His being is the forming Image
          Of my own being.
          Thou art.
          Present within my soul-the Guide finds thee,
          Great all encompassing Spirit.
          Bliss now is mine
          From thy Being's breath
          Thou art

          THURSDAY FOR FRIDAY

          Great all-encompassing Spirit,
          In thy Life I live with the life of the Earth.
          In thee I am
          Thou art
          I am in thee.
          The Guide has bought me to thee;
          I live in thee.
          Thy Spirit is
          the forming image of my own being.
          Thou art.
          Spirit has found
          the encompassing Spirit.
          Divine Bliss goes onward
          to new World-creation,
          Thou art. I am. Thou art

          EVERYDAY, AFTER THE FORGOING

          Great all-encompassing Spirit:
          May my 'I' from below uplift itself on high,
          May it divine Thee in the All-embracing.
          May the Spirit of my being glow
          With the light of thy Messengers;
          May the Soul of my Being be enkindled
          By the fiery flames of thy Servers;
          The Will of my 'I' lay hold
          On the power of thy Creator-Word
          Thou art
          May: thy Light stream into my Spirit;
          Thy Life make warm my Soul;
          Thy Being imbue my Will
          So that I win understanding:
          For the shining of thy Light;
          For the loving ardour of thy Life,
          For thy Being's Creator-Word
          Thou art.

          in friendship
          Alwyn
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
            chris@... writes:

            Sarah Ford Elliott wrote on Apr 27, 2003 10:09am on Mantras-
            …Where are the meditative mantras to be found for the days of the week_

            DRStarman2001wrote on Apr 27, 2003 9:44pm Re: Mantras-
            …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the week
            can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school, called
            Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
            http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

            I thought that the seven meditative mantras for the days of the week
            (which all begin with "Grosser umfassender Geist...") were there are
            also, but I must have gotten them from elsewhere. I have handwritten
            copies. I can either type them in and then post them here, or
            perhaps someone else knows where these can be found.

            Alwyn writes -
            The mantras that follow are from a book copy of Guidance in Esoteric Training

            *******Thanks for posting those, Chris! I had only the German originals which is what I use.

               And to clarify, the reason why it's said you use Friday's mantra for Saturday, etc. is that after Friday sunset you are actually in the day of Saturday. Steiner starts the days at sunset the night before, as the ancient Hebrews did. "The evening and the morning were the fourth day." So on Friday night you would use Saturday's, Saturday night you would use Sunday's, and so on.

            Starman

[...]

               From thy life sprang many archetypes
[...]

               From thy Being's breath
            Thou art

            THURSDAY FOR FRIDAY

[...]

          • Micheline
            Message 5 of 5 , May 16, 2004
              > …The technique of using the eightfold path with the days of the
              week
              > can be found in the book of Steiner's first esoteric school,
              called
              > Guidance in Esoteric Training, which can be found online here:
              > http://wn.elib.com/Steiner/Books/GuidEsot.index.html

              This document only contains part of the whole text, like the
              meditations for the 8 days are not included.

              Can someone post the rest of the text?

              And is the the english translation of the german text complete? and
              available in book stores?

              Another question:

              Does someone know if the author of 'Foundations at the periphery:
              Rudolf Steiner's Observations on Star Knowledge' R.S.W. Bobbette has
              an email address where he/she can be reached?

              This truly interesting compilation is also available on the site
              mentioned above.

              Thank you,

              Micheline Naud