Occult Prison

  • Br. Ron
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2003

      Occultism (the path of  awakening through the activation of Will)
      is not for the faint of heart. It is a perilous road indeed which entraps
      far more than it liberates.

      Occult prison is most likely compared to a house of mirrors in
      which one can wander for eons bouncing off the walls and confusing
      reflected light with the Real thing.

      There have been those who got entrapped and found their way free
      before they departed. Eliphas Levi and Valentin Tomberg come to
      mind.

      There have been a few who seem to have avoided it’s entrapment
      altogether like Bulwer Lytton, St. Germaine, Goethe, and Rudolph
      Steiner. (To say nothing of the known saints of the traditional church
      like Francis, Theresa and Thomas Kempis)

      Then there are those who departed while still shackled to the walls
      of it’s highest, most seductive towers, like Crowley, Blavatsky and
      Bailey.

      It takes a genuine initiate to decipher the upside down, reflective
      nature of Existence. That which often seems to lead away
      from the goal is actually the key to it’s fulfillment and vica versa.

      Illusion tells us that we ‘get’ by ‘taking’…But even the
      simplest of us suspect the opposite….it's by 'giving away' that
      we receive.

      Illusion tells us we gain liberation by accumulating knowledge.
      Truth reveals that (like other “riches”) the knowledge we
      possess most often possesses us.

      Illusion tells us that we gain liberation by willing our own Wills
      but most of us learn the hard way that only by willing to give up
      our wills up to The Greater Will can we be given the GIFT of Will.
      (as in “THY Will be done, not mine”)

      Of the occultists I know, far more are deeply enchained in their
      own narcissism than otherwise. In my view, there are some here
      who appear wholly entrapped while others are only held with but
      a silk thread. But none of us here can claim true liberation, yet.

      We all know the free-est ones are the ones with HEART, don't we?
       ...the ones who appear to have consciously embraced the
      yoke of Sacrificial Love…a love willing to endure all forms of attack
      (and put it’s own ass on the line) in order to untangle it’s friends.

      It’s Devotion, dammit! …..the path of descent, rather than ascent.
      .... the recognition of Zanoni that in this upside down world it is
      but the lowly who attain to the freedom of the heights.

      Br Ron
    • Lutz Baar
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25, 2003
        Br. Ron wrote:

        Illusion tells us that we gain liberation by willing our own Wills
        but most of us learn the hard way that only by willing to give up
        our wills up to The Greater Will can we be given the GIFT of Will.
        (as in “THY Will be done, not mine”)

        It’s Devotion, dammit! …..the path of descent, rather than ascent.

        Luke (6, 1-5) tells us about the disciples who plucked the heads of grain and ate. But some of the Pharisees said to them, "Why do you do that which is not lawful to do on the Sabbath day?" Jesus, answering them, said "The Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath."

        In the end of chapter 9 of his "Philosophy of Freedom" Steiner says: “The human individual is the source of all morality and the centre of earthly life.”

        What if "The Son of Man" is the first in the "new species" of Man, for all of us to become. Is devotion all it takes to find "The Greater Will" in a given moral situation? Is it your experience, Br Ron?

        Regards, Lutz

[...]

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • Br. Ron
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25, 2003
          Lutz writes

              >What if "The Son of Man" is the first in the "new species" of Man,
              >for all of us to become.

          I believe you are right about that, Lutz. The 'Son of Man' meaning the
          'Child of Humanity.'  ...or 'ME' in the future reaching back into time
          to guide all my wayward parts back into line with the Singularity that
          awaits at the end of Time.

              >devotion is all it takes to find "The Greater Will" in a given moral
              >situation? Is it your >experience, Br Ron?

          That's sure the way I see it. In the Qabala, below the Abyss, we are
          devoted to That which is above the Abyss and this way we BECOME
          That which is greater. (The Principle here being that one quite literally
          becomes what one loves)

          In 'Tiphareth,' I look up to and am devoted to God.
          When I Am in Kether, at the end of Time, I 'AM' God.

          But such a union can't happen until Manifestation draws to
          an end and All is drawn back into the Source.

          We have a ways to go for that, I think. So until that happy time,
          devotion to that 'Me' which is greater than 'me' is the surest and
          quickest way to become Me.

          Hence the 2 great commandments of Love in Luke 10:27

        • Lutz Baar
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2003
            Br Ron!

            You created kind of a dilemma here for me. If I take your answer (below) and read it with my understanding of what you stated earlier (in your post titled Part Deux) - what is the difference regarding to end up in occult prisoning? Don't you invite me to the same <luciferic illusions>  "by simply reading and affirming it and thereby "creating" this to be true for myself." ?

            I hope you find this remark interesting and not just teasing...
            Lutz

            Lutz writes