Calendar of the Soul, final week

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2003

         The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Dr. Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' , 52 meditative mantras, to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and without during the year. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original Calendar also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
          Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

      *******MANTRA 52*******
      Wenn aus den Seelentiefen
      Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein
      Und Schonheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,
      Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen
      Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber
      Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,
      Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

      When out of the Soul's Deeps
      The Spirit wends its way to World-Being
      And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,
      Then is drawn from farthest Heavens
      The Life Force into human bodies
      And there becomes one, mightily working,
      The Spirit's Essence and Man's being.

         This time of year we receive the Life Force from the returning Sun at Easter. The spirit within goes out into the universe and connects with that Source, from which the new life force will start flowing at Eastertide. Then we'll begin the Easter mood of 'resurrection' of our life forces, as, in our depths, our Spirit forms its annual connection with the Cosmos once again---after having withdrawn into the Earth in winter---and the etheric body is renewed through this connection to the World Spirit.

                              **********************************
           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aries from April 14th to 30th in our era. A symbolic image of the Ram done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, April 13th. Moon Virgo.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

      Monday,  April 14th. Moon Libra. Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born 1629.

      Tuesday,  April 15th. Moon Libra. Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

      Wednesday, April 16th. Moon Scorpio.  Full Moon. Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

      Thursday, April 17th. Moon Scorpio. Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

      Friday, April 18th. Moon Sagittarius.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

      Saturday, April 19th. Moon Sagittarius. Darwin died 1882.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 5  *

      Ich darf nun mir gehören
      Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
      In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
      Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
      Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
      Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
      In kalte Winterfluten.

      I now must belong only to myself
      And lightening, spread Inner Light
      Into Space and Time darkness.
      As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
      The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
      And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
      Into the cold Winter-flowing.