Re: [steiner] Which Gospel?

  • Morgan Vierheller
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2000
      "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

      > I presume that the first night of Christmas is the night
      > of the 25th, and the last night is the night of 5th January.

      Yes.

      > As for the structure, one suggestion I would make
      > is for a number of members to take on the responsibility of
      > summarizing a chapter of the book, these summaries will be
      > posted at intervals during the 12 nights, and other members
      > post their responses.
      > Can someone tell us how many chapters (including
      > preface or introduction) there are in the book?

      There are 12 :) chapters plus an introduction by Marir Steiner.

      MFV
    • jla
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2000
        What consensus? There still are some who want to use the Gospel of St. John in Relation to the Other Gospels.
        Is this going to be decided by a  majority vote or by the moderator? Just wondering?

        Jeff Auen

        "Duncan J. Fernando" wrote:

        Hi Gisele,
                Nice to hear from you. There does seem to be a
        consensus developing for the collection of 1908 lectures.
        I've just ordered a copy, and should receive it within the
        next two weeks.
                 I presume that the first night of Christmas is the night
        of the 25th, and the last night is the night of 5th January.
                  As for the structure, one suggestion I would make
        is for a number of members to take on the responsibility of
        summarizing a chapter of the book, these summaries will be
        posted at intervals during the 12 nights, and other members
        post their responses.
                   Can someone tell us how many chapters (including
        preface or introduction) there are in the book?
                    I'll check whether there is some sort of calendar at
        eGroups.

                    Sena

        Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2000
          Jeff,
               It WILL be a majority vote (unlike some other elections). At the moment
          there are 4 votes for St.John (1908) - Dr.Starman, Janet, Gisele, and myself.
          Please remind me who apart from yourself is voting for St.John (1909).
                      Sena
          http://www.esotericlinks.com

          > Hi! I also meant "The Gospel of St. John" of 1908,I
          > had been willing to read it for a long time but
          > somehow it never came into my hands. This should be a
          > great opportunity for me, John the Evangelist is my
          > favourite and a study group linking people across
          > continents during the magic period of the
          > year...well,i just find it breath taking!
          > How do we structure it?
          > I have never done it before (I mean the twelve
          > nights),and I have even forgot which date is the first
          > one...could anyone remind me? Thanks,
          > Gisele.

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        • Gisele Deibeck
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2000
            --- "Duncan J. Fernando" <sena@...> wrote: >
            Hi Gisele,
            > Nice to hear from you. ...........
            I presume that the first night of Christmas
            > is the night
            > of the 25th, and the last night is the night of 5th
            > January.

            Hi Sena,
            I am very happy about this 'holy-nights-on wire'
            opportunity: for the past 7 years I have spent my
            Christmas day and night on my own, and although I'd
            rather be alone with my Angel than in a crowd intent
            on getting drunk and eating meaningless sacrificed
            animals, I still get the odd pang of sadness that
            lonelyness brings sometimes...but I could never find
            ways of participating to those kind of 'alternative'
            Christmases, kind of 'spiritual retreats'that would
            cost me more than a month income..

            So, at last a spiritual inexpensive way of linking
            with like-minded people and honour the birth of Jesus
            Christ without getting mixed up with abundance of food
            while others are starving, alcoholic celebrations
            while others are suffering, and drugs-parties while
            Lux and Arh are laughing their heads off...

            Sounds as Finni is right though, I just found this
            reference in the Anthr Newsletter:
            "...during the Holy Nights which begin on the eve of
            Christmas, 24th December, and arch in time over all of
            us until the festival of the Three Kings on 6th
            January."
            I don't think we should be pedantic about this though,
            but I must admit that Christmas Eve holds a special
            flavour of magic in the air, that atmosphere of
            expectancy... I don't know what the group thinks:
            should we leave it for each one with her/himself or
            start the link that very night?
            Another thing is the timing: if I remember well, you
            are in Britain Sena, same as me, and there might be
            people from continental Europe, but what about our
            friends in the Americas? (There could be people from
            Africa, Asia, Australia as far as I know)
            It would be helpful if each one joining this
            12-nights-study-group could state where they're based
            and if we could think about time-coordination
            I will volunteer for a chapter but I still don't know
            which one until I get the book.

            Arrisentirci! Gisele

          • jla
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2000
              I recall on the voting section at egroups, 4 votes for the Gospel of St.John in Relation. I may have been wrong or this has changed.

              Jeff

              http://www.esotericlinks.com Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml mailto:sena@...