The Soul's Calendar

    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2000
      THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL THIS WEEK

      Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 4th week after Easter in German
      and English. Spiritual Science’s Soul Calendar is 52 meditative verses
      designed to enable us to experience the astral or soul events within us in
      the course of the year.

      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      “I feel the essence of my essence”:
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With fllooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking‘s Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      * T H E W E E K *

      In addition to the mantrams, the first Soul-Calendar contained 12
      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
      forces in the cosmos in the daytime, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from May 1st to
      June 15th in our era. (We are sending the symbolic image of the constellation
      Taurus along with this as an attachment.) The Moon positions and phases are
      listed here for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
      famous persons published in the original ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
      contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      SUNDAY May 14th. Moon Virgo. Boniface.
      MONDAY May 15th. Moon Libra. Torquatus Antoinius (Prophet in 15th cent.)
      TUESDAY May 16th. Moon Libra. Sarah.
      WEDNESDAY May 17th. Moon Scorpius. Bruno Magnus (Russian Apostle of the
      11th cent.)
      THURSDAY May 18th. Moon Scorpius. Full Moon. Isabella.
      FRIDAY May 19th. Moon Sagittarius. Johann Gotlieb Fichte born 1762.
      SATURDAY May 20th. Moon Sagittarius. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

      For those not familiar with the use of mantrams:
      Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
      the logical mind; then, an intensification process is begun by the use of
      visual images called "Imaginations", and reciting mantrams which lead to
      "Inspirations." The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      the essential thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of them and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into the inner experience of what is
      described. Also, these mantrams were created in the German language and have
      their rhythm in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the mantram in the original. (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different
      from "Om mani padme hum.") Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words
      lost by other Indo Aryan languages, and could be what Sanskrit was in olden
      times: the language in which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original so that one can easily go from Englis
      h to German.
      Dr. Starman*******
      Message 2 of 3 , May 21, 2000
        THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR
        Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for the 5th week after Easter, in German
        and in English. Spiritual Science’s Soul Calendar is 52 meditative verses
        designed to enable one to experience the astral/soul events occurring within
        us in the course of the year.

        * T H E M A N T R A *

        Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
        In Raume fruchtbar webend
        Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
        In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
        Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
        Und auferstanden
        Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

        In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
        Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
        The Gods’ Shaping is revealed:
        In it shines the Soul’s Essence
        Widened to the World-Existence
        And resurrected
        Out of narrow Selfhood’s Inner Might.

        * T H E W E E K *
        In addition to the mantras, the first Soul-Calendar contained 12 drawings
        of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in
        the cosmos in the daytime, and the Moon's position in the constellations was
        given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun, according to the
        Doctor, is under the influence of Taurus from May 1st to June 15th in our
        era. Steiner's symbolic image of the constellation Taurus is attached to this
        post. The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
        with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the
        original ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful
        material for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore
        the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
        connections.

        SUNDAY May 21st. Moon Capricornus. Albrecht Dürer born 1471.
        MONDAY May 22nd. Moon Capricornus. Richard Wagner born 1813.
        TUESDAY May 23rd. Moon Aquarius. Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.
        WEDNESDAY May 24th. Moon Aquarius. Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-
        Lytton born 1803.
        THURSDAY May 25th. Moon Pisces. Laying of the Foundation Stone of the
        Strassbourg Monastery 1277.
        FRIDAY May 26th. Moon Pisces. The Venerable Bede (famous English monk of
        the 8th century).
        SATURDAY May 27th. Moon Aries. Maria of Magdala. Dante born 1265. Calvin
        died 1564.

        Anthroposophy is a Western path of knowledge which begins with the use of
        the logical mind, then an intensification process by use of visual images
        called "Imaginations", and reciting mantras which lead to "Inspirations."
        The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential
        thing, but rather the repetitive recitation of them and entering with deeper
        soul forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, these
        mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythm in it, so
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6, 2000
          THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 16th week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable us to experience the 'astral' or soul events
          occurring within us in the course of the year. It's in the original German
          and in English.

          Zu bergen Geistgeschenk im Innern,
          Gebietet strenge mir mein Ahnen,
          Dass reifend Gottesgaben
          In Seelengründen fruchtend
          Der Selbstheit Früchte bringen.

          To save the Spirit-Gifts in my Inner self
          Bids me strongly my sensing of the future,
          So that those ripening God-gifts
          In the Soul’s Ground bearing fruit
          The Selfhood's Fruit will bring.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          "Imaginations" which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras which begin
          'spiritual hearing' (or "Inspirations"). The meaning of the words of a mantra
          at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
          entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
          have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
          using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
          other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
          THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
          I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
          English to German.

          This Week's Verse:
          This week refers to the state of having received the 'gifts of the Spirit'
          from immersion in It in its manifestation as pure sensation in this
          summer-time, and now being moved by one's feeling of what is to come in the
          future (ahnend) to take care to rescue them from loss ("bergen"= salvage,
          rescue) within, for as what the Spirit has planted in us in these past few
          weeks is allowed to ripen, the fruits of one's own self and its endeavors
          will likewise.

          Sorry, no Zodiac symbol or week's Moon listings/Saints' days this week.
          Dr. Starman*******