Re: [steiner] virus alert

  • Charlie Morrison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
      I received the following reply from another group. Please accept my apologies for sending the original post before checking further. Hopefully no harm has been done.

      warm regards,
      Charlie.

      *******
      According to Symantec, this is a hoax:

      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

      It won't hurt your system to delete the file if you have already done so,
      unless you use "Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs on Windows
      XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95."
      Instructions to recover are located at the link above.

      Jeanine
      *******