Re: [steiner] Holy Knitting

  • LilOleMiss
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
      From: "George Thomas" <social_artist@...>
      To: <steiner@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 9:51 AM
      Subject: [steiner] Holy Knitting

      | Has anyone else noticed a similarity between
      | Michelangelo's depiction of the attitude of the hands
      | of Adam and the Creator in the Sistine Chapel and the
      | attitude of the hands of one who is knitting?

      Hi, George,

      I've been thinking about this ever since it arrived, and I'm still not
      sure. I learned to knit all our sweaters, etc. when I was 13 and I
      still knit, but while watching my hands, I noticed my right index
      finger is predominant in the stitch forming movement as though
      pointing. It seems to me the Creator's finger as well as that of Adam
      is more retro - that is, bent backward more and it seems so powerful -
      certainly far more so than in knitting. On the other hand, I think of
      the Creator weaving life into Adam's form, as we "weave" string or
      yarn into fabric to form an object. I'm glad you mentioned this,
      George. It seems to me always wise to look closely at everything, and
      you gave me something new to ponder. Thanks!

      Sheila
    • Charlie Morrison
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 10, 2003
        I received the following reply from another group. Please accept my apologies for sending the original post before checking further. Hopefully no harm has been done.

        warm regards,
        Charlie.

        *******
        According to Symantec, this is a hoax:

        http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

        It won't hurt your system to delete the file if you have already done so,
        unless you use "Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs on Windows
        XP, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 98, or Windows 95."
        Instructions to recover are located at the link above.

        Jeanine
        *******