Re: [steiner] New poll for steiner

  • Morgan Vierheller
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2000
      Dr. Starman wrote:

      > Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the steiner
      > group:
      > for the 12 nights of Christmas.

      > o Reincarnation and Karma
      > o The Life of the Soul by K├╝hlewind
      > o Gospel of St.John
      > o How to Know Higher Worlds
      > o Other

      > http://www.egroups.com/polls/steiner

      Dear Dr.
      I really don't like the idea of cookies and to access the above site, I
      must accept them. Can I vote here instead?

      Regarding the gospel of St. John, I would like to study this but feel that
      summer is St. John's time, when the sun is high. It seems inappropriate to
      'bring him down' in the winter:)

      A discussion of How to Know Higher Worlds would need to continue after the
      12 nights unless we could agree on a chapter as it is not a book to hurry
      through.

      MFV
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 16, 2003
        ******* Well, it's great that someone had the initiative to do this polling. The only thing is that some of these choices aren't online, so not everyone could easily have the book we choose if it's one that isn't. The book "Knowledge of the Higher Worlds" is at the Steiner e-lib, and "A Path (Called "Road" in the Library) To Self Knowledge" also. The lecture-cycles Universe Earth and Man, Egyptian Myths and Mysteries, and the Gospel of John in Relation to the Other 3 Gospels are the only three on this list I see available online, however.
           If we were to choose one of the others, would someone be able to put the book in the Files section for everyone to download, like the Kassel Gospel of St. John lectures are?

        -Starman

        Enter your vote today!  A new poll has been created for the
        steiner group:

        What shall we study for the 12 Holy
        Nights?

        o Knowledge of Higher Worlds
        o Universe, Earth and Man
        o The Threshold of the Sp. World
        o A Path to Self Knowledge
        o Egyptian Myths and Mysteries
        o The Inner Nature of Man &Life Between Death and Rebirth
        o From Jesus to Christ
        o Gospel of St. John [Kassel lectures - in files]
        o The 5th Gospel
        o Any of Steiner's Gospel works

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!

        http://www.DrStarman.net
      • lilolemissy
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 16, 2003
          uh - well, I goofed! DUH! I could manage "The Inner Nature of Man Between Death and Rebirth" or "The Threshold of the Spiritual World". Gee, there sure isn't much time left,  either. Steiner placed great importance upon "The Inner Nature of Man..." in many ways, e.g. it was the one he always or almost always seemed to feel should be read to the Dead. It seems to me Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, M.D., who's "On Death and Dying" was a requirement when I was in medical school, came to Anthroposophy through this work, later working with Charles Davy (one of the translators of my edition) through his process of dying of a brain tumor. As a fast typist, let me try to get these 5 lectures into our Files section in time, and if not soon enough for the 12 Holy Nights, then for later. Each of us should have this work and use it daily, I think, even if for only 5 minutes a day while visualizing those who have gone before us into the Spiritual Worlds. I'll save the correspondence for the 12 Holy Nights to absorb with you all, but shan't be able to contribute.

          Cheers From a Big Mouth!

          Sheila
[...]

          Post to steiner@egroups.com

          Search the archives of the group at:

          Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Morgan Vierheller

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 17, 2003
                Sheila,
                I made two suggestions:"The Destinies of Individuals and Nations"-
                "The Spiritual Hierarchies."
                The earlier suggestion of Florin Lowdes' book, "Enlivening the Chakra of
                the Heart," is also timely.
                Carl Pietzner's book, "Festival Images for Today," is a great book for
                the re-imagining of the festivals to better fit the time and place and
                is a good way to survey how each of us relates to our environment in a
                spiritual way.
                I am willing to let these go as they are not available in the Archives.

                Two on the list were tempting; "Knowledge of Higher Worlds" and
                "Universe, Earth and Man."
                "Knowledge..." is also not available although many might have it.

                "Universe..." is available as is "The Riddle of Humanity," a great set
                of lectures on the nature and evolution of humanity and would point
                toward the future.

                Another choice could be the lectures, "The Mission of the Archangel
                Michael?" These give an idea of what the task of the present is that we
                as human beings are faced with. The book I have has more lectures than
                what are listed in the archive, but those that are listed are plenty.

                Carl Pietzner, in his above-named book, stated that the time of Advent
                was a time when we must all find the courage to face evil. When the
                Christ is so close, it is an opportunity to spark the flame that we can
                carry with us throughout the year.

                I agree with Starman that the lectures need to be available on the web.

                Let's decide by Friday.

                Morgan
              • lilolemissy
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 17, 2003
                  Dear Listmates,

                  Although addressed mainly to me, Morgan's suggestions belong to all of us here to consider. As indicated late yesterday, I'm typing like mad in what may be a vain attempt to place "The Inner Nature of Man..." in our Files for all, therefore having to withdraw from selecting but being content with whatever choice is made.

                  Cheers from beneath the keys...:),

                  Sheila