Re: [steiner] The Mysteries-4: Giving Birth to the Divine Within

  • Lutz Baar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2002

      Thanks for your comments, Dr Starman!

      Their is one passage that is unclear to me. You wrote in the last sentence "Or Father, Son and Spirit." Why do you "equalize" this to your prior sentence?

      Lutz

      *******The experience of initiation into the mysteries is both a death and a new birth. We give birth to a new self, after the old one has died. The soul itself is its mother, while the spirit is the child. This can happen to each and every one of us, if we seek to awaken the higher man within us.
         This self can be called the Christ within-- -- -- and how appropriate that we read this today, when, out of ancient wisdom, the early Christians set before us on this day the image of the Cosmic 'Ocean' (Maria) giving birth to the Divine Child. Here is one meaning of the Trinity: Nature is the Father, the soul is the Mother, and the Spirit Is the Child. Or Father, Son and Spirit.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 25, 2002
        info@... writes:
        Thanks for your comments, Dr Starman!
        Their is one passage that is unclear to me. You wrote in the last sentence "Or Father, Son and Spirit." Why do you "equalize" this to your prior sentence?
        Lutz

        *******The Trinity. It can be looked at lots of ways. In the quote from Steiner, he describes it as Nature being the Father (our body, given us by Nature), the soul the Mother, and when we awaken the Spirit within the soul, that's the mother giving birth to the Child.

            Looked at another way, though, the body can be thought of as the Father, which gives birth to the Soul-- -- --Soul being our inner experience of ourselves, which we have based on the instrument of the body, so it is "born from" the body-- -- -- and within the soul the Spirit comes into being: so, Father, Son and Spirit.
        -Starman