Re: [steiner] Digest Number 438

  • Sarah Ford Elliott
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2002
      I could probably do the Historical Background of Jesus.

      I have also been reading the lectures on Luke's Gospel and finding them
      really fascinating.

      Yours,
      Sarah FE
    • Sarah Ford Elliott
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2002
        By the way, thanks for your comments about narcotics etc.. I found them very
        helpful. I suppose in a way it is good that I am more worried about the
        Spiritual effects of drugs, than their physical effect (although I am
        worried about that too). What is the thinking about using other plants such
        as St. John's Wort etc.? Do you also have to make friends with the St.
        John's Wort Spiritual Being?

        Cheers,
        Sarah

        p.s. Christmas Greetings to everyone!!
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 26, 2002

          *******Every substance from Nature has an effect upon you. We seldom are conscious of these, but they all affect us. If you do a fast, you can sense all of these influences, from anything you take into you when you first break the fast. Even the coffee bean, cinnamon, whatever-- -- -- all have an effect.  If you take anything in regularly in a strong form, you'll have to contend with that. It unbalances the system in a certain direction, and therefore make you crave something opposite.