Re: [steiner] Calendar of the Soul, Week 36 after Easter

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2002
      DRStarman2001@... writes:
        >>   The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. The symbolic image of the 'Archer' done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below...

      ******Isn't this bizarre? The image above was sunbstituted in transmission for the actual image of Sagittarius, hopefully shown below.  No idea where it came from.

          Hopefully this isn't a message from the universe that we're running a 'Mickey Mouse' operation here. ;->

         Today is the first Sunday of Advent, and I think it's a good time to reflect on if we want to do a group study for the Holy Nights, and if so, what we'd like to take up. I incline personally to think we shouldn't study anything about Minnie Mouse, but I'm open to suggestions.

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 21, 2003

        4th Sunday of Advent.

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

           Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the lunar forces), and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. A symbolic image of the ARCHER done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        This week's mantra.
             For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

        *  M A N T R A  # 3 6  *
        In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
        Zur Offenbarung drangend
        Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
        Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
        Mit meinem Geisteslicht
        Zu opfern dich durch mich.

        "In my Being's Deeps speaks
        Urging me to Revelation
        Mysteriously the World-Word:
        'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
        With My Spirit-Light
        To offer yourself up through Me' "

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world. This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that, if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves up through it.

        The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

        *  M A N T R A  # 1 1 *
        Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
        An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
        An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
        In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
        Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
        Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

        It is in this sun-hour
        For you, the wise prophecy to know;
        To World-Beauty given over,
        In you you feel to live through:
        Man's I can lose itself
        And find itself in the World-I.

           The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses is now
        so strong that we must give ourselves over to it in feeling, and we have a
        fore-sense of the losing of one's ordinary selfhood to find ourselves again
        in spirit-being in the height of summer.

                                               **********************************

        Sunday,  December 21st. Moon Sagittarius. Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

        Monday,   December
        22nd. Moon Sagittarius. Theodosius.

        Tuesday,   December
        23rd. Moon Capricorn. New Moon.  Dagobert.

        Wednesday,  December 24th.
        Moon Capricorn.  Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

        Thursday,  December 25th.
        Moon Aquarius. Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

        Friday,  December 26th.
        Moon Aquarius.  St. Stephen, the first Martyr.

        Saturday,  December 27th.
        Moon Pisces.  Day of John, author of the Gospel. Kepler born 1571.

          P.S.  Reddish Mars still is visible in the South at sunset each evening and then going towards settting in the West about midnight. Venus is now also visible in the West above the setting Sun for a short time after sunset, the "evening star". Saturn can be seen in the East from sunset all through the night, to the right of the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini. Jupiter rises after midnight beneath the Lion.

           All these planets will be visible in the sky throughout the spring, and the Moon will be seen to go past 3 of them, one at a time, over the 12 Holy Nights.

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2005
          Sorry to be late with this week's calendar again. -starman

          The Calendar of the Soul

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative
          mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
          within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra
          on Easter Sunday.

          These mantras for each week are well known to many students of
          Steiner, but few know that the original "Calendar " ALSO had 12 Images
          of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of
          the solar forces in the cosmos, a listing of the Moon's phases &
          position in the signs each night for sensing the lunar forces, and a
          list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of
          events to contemplate on specific days. Here we present the
          "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

          constellation SCORPIO from November 9th to 30th in our era. The symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's and colored with the corresponding color, is below.

          2/Soul-Calendar%20Zodiac%20ImagesScorpio.jpg

          This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic
          path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken
          spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual
          hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
          important, but rather the reciting of it and entering with deeper
          soul-forces into its inner experience is what is essential Also, these
          mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in
          that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the
          original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
          from English to German.

          * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
          In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
          Zur Offenbarung drangend
          Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
          Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
          Mit meinem Geisteslicht
          Zu opfern dich durch mich.

          "In my Being's Deeps speaks
          Urging me to Revelation
          Mysteriously the World-Word:
          'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
          With My Spirit-Light
          To offer yourself up through Me' "

          A partial interpretation:
          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. As we near Winter, this awareness grew to the point last week that we sought to so know the world that it was IT, not just the self, which worked creatively in us, and felt power lent us to so BE one with the world.
          This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's depths in a way we can sense, saying that, if our deeds will be filled with its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves up through it.

          The Moon positions and phases for the week are listed below along
          with some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

          Sunday November 27th. Moon Libra. 1701 Celsius born.
          Monday November 28th Moon Scorpio. Noah, the last Patriarch before the Flood..
          Tuesday November 29th Moon Scorpio. Decimal-Mass-System introduced in France 1800.
          Wednesday November 30th Moon Sagittarius. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.
          Thursday December 1st Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Longinus.
          Friday December 2nd Moon Capricorn. Cortez died 1547.
          Saturday December 3rd Moon Capricorn.St. Francis Xavier.

          P.S. I found out while researching here at the Goetheanum that Steiner
          definitely intended the Soul-Calendar list of peoples' birth and
          death-days to be added to by we users, as I'd thought. So from now on,
          I'm going to add more recent people to it. Members of the list
          should feel free to do the same.

          THE PLANETS: Venus the "evening star" can be seen low in the Western
          sky for a short time after sunset, just above the setting sun.
          Brilliant yellowish-red Mars, now in its closest approach to earth,
          rises in the East at sunset, near the Pleiades. Saturn rises in
          the East about midnight, close to the bright 'twin' stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 17, 2006
            The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

            days.

            constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era.
            A version of the new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original
            Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
            attached to this e-mail.

            This week's mantra.
            uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
            spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
            experience.

            English to German.

            * M A N T R A # 3 6 *
            In meines Wesens Tiefen spricht
            Zur Offenbarung drangend
            Geheimnisvoll das Weltenwort:
            Erfulle deiner Arbeit Ziele
            Mit meinem Geisteslicht
            Zu opfern dich durch mich.

            "In my Being's Deeps speaks
            Urging me to Revelation
            Mysteriously the World-Word:
            'Fulfill your Work's Objectives
            With My Spirit-Light
            To offer yourself up through Me' "

            An interpretation: This week, the divine world speaks in the soul's
            depths in a way we can sense, saying that if our deeds will be filled with
            its Light, we can be its channels to others, offering ourselves through it.

            **********************************

            some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

            Sunday, December 17th. Moon Sagittarius. Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ
            was awakened.

            Monday, December 18th. Moon Sagittarius. Lamarck died 1829.

            Tuesday, December 19th. Moon Sagittarius. New Moon. Abraham.

            Wednesday, December 20th. Moon Capricorn. Ammon, Christian teacher of the
            2nd century.

            Thursday, December 21st. Moon Capricorn. Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting"
            Apostle.

            Friday, December 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Theodosius.

            Saturday, December 23rd. Moon Aquarius. Dagobert.