Re: [steiner] Looking for a study group

  • jla
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
      Morgan,

      Where do you live? Do you want a "live group" or online study group affiliation?

      Jeff Auen

      Morgan Vierheller wrote:

      Dear list;

      I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
      I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival Images
      for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and the
      Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
      I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science group
      just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.

      Sincerely,

      MFV

    • jla
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
        I think this is a good idea. What cycle or lectures? My vote would be the Gospel of St John according to the Other Gospels by RS - one of finest gospel cycles ever given in my opinion.

        Jeff

        starmann77@... wrote:

        In a message dated 11/28/00 3:05:19 AM, mrgnsms@... writes:

        << Dear list;

        I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
        I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival
        Images
        for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and the
        Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
        I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science group
        just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.

        Sincerely,

        MFV >>

        Hey, I have an idea: I'm currently organizing an intensive study group for
        the 12 nights of Christmas---in case folks don't know, it's a time when the
        spiritual world is close to us and so it's an anthroposophic tradition to
        choose a book for intensive study over those 12 nights. Why don't we do one
        online for it? Then you don't have to commit to going to someone's house
        every night for 12 nights but if you miss a night you can catch up by reading
        the e-mails. We could take any subject that people have really wanted to get
        a grounding in.

      • Janet
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
          I agree. This was the first Steiner book I read almost 30 years ago and made a lasting impression.
          Janet

        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 29, 2000
            mrgnsms@... writes:
            << I am reading Steiner's "Occult Science." (among others) Our teacher in
            teacher training gave us his version of some of the concepts in the book
            during
            the training but we didn't actually study the book. It has much of what I
            consider basic foundational concepts and so I feel that I must "fill in the
            blanks."
            MFV >>

            Are you in your Foundation Year? In California?