Re: [steiner] Re: the color of politics

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2002
      Sheila, Starman et al,

      I can only add my personal preferences in all of this. First, as I stated
      before, I like having this a general, open forum where people feel free to
      bring up any topic they would like, even if it is emotional or controversial.
      I certainly hope that there are no subjects that can't be discussed in the
      light of Anthroposophy. I also hope that we can all bring an air of
      forebearance, and even if we strongly disagree with someone's thoughts or
      feelings, we can say so without attacking, criticizing or condemning the
      person for having them.

      I don't have anyone around me that I can talk to about any of the subjects
      that have been brought up here (without the other person's eyes glazing
      over), so I really enjoy the exchanges. I personally, however, dont' wish to
      participate in an actual study because when I get home from work, I just
      don't want to use what few brain cells I may have left. I also think that the
      study of a work like Philosophy of Freedom is a project that should take
      longer than two weeks. I am surprised at Ashley asking for it, because she
      has been taking teacher training and that has always been the starting point!

      However, if there are 7 or 8 people who have the time, energy, interest and
      will to tackle it over the holidays - go for it!

      Sometimes forums have different threads for posting. I don't know how this is
      set up, or if the Yahoo Forums can accommodate such a division, but that's
      OK, too. If the subject line lets us read what the post is about, we can
      delete it if we don't want to take the time to read it. What I think would be
      fun, though, would be if everyone shared at least one passage from something
      by Steiner, a Waldorf or Anthropop source, or any other related material
      regarding Advent and Christmas that they wish to share. Even our "creative
      writing". I have poems that I wrote at Christmas through the years and a
      collection of stories about Saint Nicholas that I wrote for my Kindergarten
      children. I also have many old volumes of the Christian Community newsletters
      and old Journals of Anthroposophy and lord knows what else around here. I
      would be happy to go on a quest if someone wanted a particular topic explored.

      I think an in-depth study is best done face to face. It is a living process
      in which much is communicated under, between and beyond the words spoken
      within a group of individuals.

      As far as the voting percentages thing goes, there are "lies, damned lies and
      statistics" - I'm not sure that the numbers are the whole truth of the
      matter. Politically, I believe what is in the two websites I shared with
      Sheila and I don't believe what we are being told by the media about anything
      that is going on. But you can put me in with the crazies who didn't vote. I
      was on my way to vote (really) but I found a stranded cat along the way and
      had to bring him home and then go to work. Now I have 10.5 cats - another
      story and another interesting statistic!!!

      : ) Christine
    • golden3000997@cs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2002
        P.S. Anyone want to chat about the Two Jesus Children? : )