Republican hoopla

  • Pacbay
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2002
      I was under the impression that essential spiritual wisdom advised us to rise above political sympathies. Aren't we are asked to discover " truth" and reason wherever it resides?.

      It doesn't matter in the long run which party is in "charge" - there will be no balance of power or ethical consistency until the political juice of the system is eliminated:  lobby groups, pact money, special interests, profiteering and greed, and  the questionable exporting American values aboard (something which even RS mentioned as counter evolutionary) Service to higher ideals transcends political bias and allows one to freely choose to support individual programs or measure without an agenda or party platform.. This may take many years it seems. We shall see if the present majority will act accordingly with the best interests of all concerned- impossible it would seem. And as usual , 50% of the voting public was convinced that changing nameplates will not make any real difference in the political machine. Sad but a fact of American life.

      Jeff