Re: [steiner] Sirius Chronicles

  • Pacbay
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
      Sheila,

      I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief mention of the content  and then direct us to the archives. This would be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my preference. Others may think differently.

      In time is of essence,
      Jeff
      -----
    • LilOleMiss
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
        Pacbay wrote:
        > Sheila,
        >
        > I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of
        > exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others
        > have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three
        > to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or
        > stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief
        > mention of the content and then direct us to the archives. This would
        > be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they
        > are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my
        > preference. Others may think differently.
        >
        > In time is of essence,
        > Jeff
        >
        > -----
        Jeff, I understand your position as well as Mathew's and Golden's.
        I'm on all sides since my time is limited, too. I solved this by
        having cut back on the number of lists [such as the anthroposophy
        list] I belong to by their quality, thereby simplifying my life as
        much as possible. I'm also selfish, and am fascinated by the
        spirituality of *The Serius Chronicles*. Golden came up with an
        excellent idea, and since Dr. Starman owns this list as well as
        there being other members, maybe we all should vote? I must vote
        as Golden has.

        Best to you and your's,
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
          In a message dated 11/5/2002 1:01:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, pacbay@... writes:

          If we open any of these forums to posting popular literature and fiction sharing, we are in trouble. There are too many long posts now.

          This is not a creative writing course.
          jeff

          ******As the moderator, I don't have any problem with creative writing here. It beats uncreative writing any day.
            The spiritual path for modern man is ART.
          -starman