Re: [steiner] Sirius Chronicles

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
      I don't think that we have clarified exactly what this site should be for. It
      has been an open forum for sharing on many themes and levels. I don't
      particularly care for the Lutz/Starman debates, but I totally accept that
      this is a place for them to discuss their issues. There have been personal
      crisis explored and literary sharings. We have alerted each other to
      interesting news items. There have been direct studies of Steiner's work.

      I vote (it's voting day!) to keep the forum open to whatever people want to
      share. If you get a post on a topic that you're not interested in, simply hit
      the delete button.
    • Pacbay
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
        Sheila,

        I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief mention of the content  and then direct us to the archives. This would be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my preference. Others may think differently.

        In time is of essence,
        Jeff
        -----
      • LilOleMiss
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
          Pacbay wrote:
          > Sheila,
          >
          > I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of
          > exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others
          > have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three
          > to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or
          > stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief
          > mention of the content and then direct us to the archives. This would
          > be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they
          > are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my
          > preference. Others may think differently.
          >
          > In time is of essence,
          > Jeff
          >
          > -----
          Jeff, I understand your position as well as Mathew's and Golden's.
          I'm on all sides since my time is limited, too. I solved this by
          having cut back on the number of lists [such as the anthroposophy
          list] I belong to by their quality, thereby simplifying my life as
          much as possible. I'm also selfish, and am fascinated by the
          spirituality of *The Serius Chronicles*. Golden came up with an
          excellent idea, and since Dr. Starman owns this list as well as
          there being other members, maybe we all should vote? I must vote
          as Golden has.

          Best to you and your's,
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
            In a message dated 11/5/2002 1:01:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, pacbay@... writes:

            If we open any of these forums to posting popular literature and fiction sharing, we are in trouble. There are too many long posts now.

            This is not a creative writing course.
            jeff

            ******As the moderator, I don't have any problem with creative writing here. It beats uncreative writing any day.
              The spiritual path for modern man is ART.
            -starman