Re: [steiner] Sirius Chronicles

  • LilOleMiss
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
      What is your reasoning for such an opinion and what do you feel a
      "right place for such a post" to be? Can you not understand Mr.
      Morrell's spiritual realism? Any answers for us?

      Sheila

      Pacbay wrote:
      > Though interesting, I don't think this is the right place for such a
      > post. Any agreement?
      >
      > Jeff

    • Pacbay
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 4, 2002
        If we open any of these forums to posting popular literature and fiction sharing, we are in trouble. There are too many long posts now.
         This is not a creative writing course.
        jeff

        Pacbay wrote:
        > Though interesting, I don't think this is the right place for such a
        > post. Any agreement?

        > Jeff

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • LilOleMiss
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
          Dear Jeff,

          As a young med student learning psychiatry, the University
          required us to live in a state mental institution not only for
          access to various psychiatric conditions, often compounded with
          physical ailments, but to learn the various forms in which mental
          illness manifests. It was a great idea to interact so very closely
          with these patients, and to have access to not only the "learned
          diagnosis of the day and its treatment," but also to direct
          observation, in so far as we were able, of the individuals' inner
          experiences as well. It is very difficult to see with another's
          eyes, but by listening, observing and interacting with various
          patients, some insight was possible. I won't speak of the
          scientific literature dealing with mental conditions other than to
          say cold materialistic so-called scientific concepts imprinted
          onto a patient's profile made no sense to me. Steiner speaks quite
          a lot about mental illness, which to me, Mathew directly addresses
          not only from an observer's viewpoint, but most importantly, IMO,
          from his clear insights into actual situations as seen not only by
          the patient most clearly, but also what is overtly seen by an
          observer, and an exceedingly astute observer at that. Mathew isn't
          writing popular literature or fiction by any means in his
          wonderful *Sirius Chronicles* but is addressing very clearly what
          exists in actuality, although largely hidden from public or
          popular view. Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy and a few others have given the
          world some of our clearest insights into this realm manifesting in
          the human psyche but from a somewhat differing viewpoint, while
          Mathew's writing from his warm observations illustrates the
          spirituality coinciding so clearly from what we consider a warped
          mental state. Perhaps its my exposure to such patients which gives
          me a perhaps unfair advantage in recognition, but I can see a deep
          spirituality interpenetrating what on the surface may indeed
          appear as fiction.

          I was saving all of Mathew's "installments" as they came out, but
          lost all to yet another computer failure so was therefore happy to
          see a continuation of the *Sirrius Chronicles.* What is said,
          Jeff? Something to the effect there is so much in our world which
          goes unrecognized or is expressed clearly enough to bring to
          others a large part of mankind's inner thoughts with supreme
          clarity. Those of us having "hands-on" experience in an attempt to
          understand and allievate these other-worldly thought processes
          most never see, learn very much from such clear presentations as
          Mathew's insight reveals. These are the thoughts behind my
          treasuring his writings and compassionate understanding of
          humanity as it exists in a different milieu.

          Blessings,

          Sheila

        • golden3000997@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
            I don't think that we have clarified exactly what this site should be for. It
            has been an open forum for sharing on many themes and levels. I don't
            particularly care for the Lutz/Starman debates, but I totally accept that
            this is a place for them to discuss their issues. There have been personal
            crisis explored and literary sharings. We have alerted each other to
            interesting news items. There have been direct studies of Steiner's work.

            I vote (it's voting day!) to keep the forum open to whatever people want to
            share. If you get a post on a topic that you're not interested in, simply hit
            the delete button.
          • Pacbay
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
              Sheila,

              I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief mention of the content  and then direct us to the archives. This would be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my preference. Others may think differently.

              In time is of essence,
              Jeff
              -----
            • LilOleMiss
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                Pacbay wrote:
                > Sheila,
                >
                > I have absolutely not problem with the chronicles but in this type of
                > exchange it just does not work. From my time perspective (and others
                > have commented as well) I do not have the time to read through three
                > to four pages of material. If someone wishes to create long essays or
                > stories then here is a simple solution used by others: offer a brief
                > mention of the content and then direct us to the archives. This would
                > be a win/ win situation and one does not have to feel like they
                > are skimming or ignoring valuable or interesting long posts. Just my
                > preference. Others may think differently.
                >
                > In time is of essence,
                > Jeff
                >
                > -----
                Jeff, I understand your position as well as Mathew's and Golden's.
                I'm on all sides since my time is limited, too. I solved this by
                having cut back on the number of lists [such as the anthroposophy
                list] I belong to by their quality, thereby simplifying my life as
                much as possible. I'm also selfish, and am fascinated by the
                spirituality of *The Serius Chronicles*. Golden came up with an
                excellent idea, and since Dr. Starman owns this list as well as
                there being other members, maybe we all should vote? I must vote
                as Golden has.

                Best to you and your's,
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 5, 2002
                  In a message dated 11/5/2002 1:01:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, pacbay@... writes:

                  If we open any of these forums to posting popular literature and fiction sharing, we are in trouble. There are too many long posts now.

                  This is not a creative writing course.
                  jeff

                  ******As the moderator, I don't have any problem with creative writing here. It beats uncreative writing any day.
                    The spiritual path for modern man is ART.
                  -starman