Re: [steiner] Looking for a study group

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
      In a message dated 11/28/00 3:05:19 AM, mrgnsms@... writes:

      << Dear list;

      I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
      I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival
      Images
      for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and the
      Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
      I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science group
      just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.

      Sincerely,

      MFV >>

      Hey, I have an idea: I'm currently organizing an intensive study group for
      the 12 nights of Christmas---in case folks don't know, it's a time when the
      spiritual world is close to us and so it's an anthroposophic tradition to
      choose a book for intensive study over those 12 nights. Why don't we do one
      online for it? Then you don't have to commit to going to someone's house
      every night for 12 nights but if you miss a night you can catch up by reading
      the e-mails. We could take any subject that people have really wanted to get
      a grounding in.

      Dr. Starman
    • Janet

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
          Sena wrote:

          > Dear Morgan,
          > Could you please let us know what areas of study you
          > are interested in. I am currently reading Steiner's "Occult History".

          I am reading Steiner's "Occult Science." (among others) Our teacher in
          teacher training gave us his version of some of the concepts in the book during
          the training but we didn't actually study the book. It has much of what I
          consider basic foundational concepts and so I feel that I must "fill in the
          blanks."

          MFV
        • Duncan J. Fernando
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
            That's a great idea, Dr.Starman. May I suggest the book,
            "How to Know Higher Worlds" as the basis for discussion.
            Sena

            Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml

            mailto:sena@...
            > I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
            > I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival
            > Images
            > for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and
            the
            > Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
            > I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science
            group
            > just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.
            >
            > Sincerely,
            >
            > MFV >>
            >
            > Hey, I have an idea: I'm currently organizing an intensive study group for
            > the 12 nights of Christmas---in case folks don't know, it's a time when
            the
            > spiritual world is close to us and so it's an anthroposophic tradition to
            > choose a book for intensive study over those 12 nights. Why don't we do
            one
            > online for it? Then you don't have to commit to going to someone's house
            > every night for 12 nights but if you miss a night you can catch up by
            reading
            > the e-mails. We could take any subject that people have really wanted to
            get
            > a grounding in.
            >
            > Dr. Starman

          • jla

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
                  I agree. This was the first Steiner book I read almost 30 years ago and made a lasting impression.
                  Janet

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 29, 2000
                    mrgnsms@... writes:
                    << I am reading Steiner's "Occult Science." (among others) Our teacher in
                    teacher training gave us his version of some of the concepts in the book
                    during
                    the training but we didn't actually study the book. It has much of what I
                    consider basic foundational concepts and so I feel that I must "fill in the
                    blanks."
                    MFV >>

                    Are you in your Foundation Year? In California?