Re: [anthroposophy] thanks, bruce

  • Lutz Baar
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      This is a good example of what a meant by "there is no such thing as
      *this* is what (Matthew) wrote" but only "this is what I read".

      In this case I read the the meaning of the words (which point to the
      concepts beyond) similar to Dr Starmans reading. Depending on my
      similar concept of the double-edged, pictorial word "sword".

      Lutz

      _______________________
      earlier discussion:

      > >> Thanks, bruce for the clarification on Matthew, non-violence and
      > >> the "sword". This, what steiner said about the verse "I come to
      bring
      > >> the sword..." makes much sense. The Christ was, afterall, the
      Prince
      > >> of Peace...
      > >

      > > *******But I'm sure it quite contradicts the meaning of the
      scripture
      > > (Matt. 10:34-37), the complete text being:
      > >
      > > "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not
      to send
      > > peace, but a sword. I am come set a man at variance against his
      father,
      > > and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law
      against her
      > > mother in law, and a man's foes shall be they of his own
      household. He
      > > that loveth father and mother more than me is not worthy of Me:
      and he