Re:  Re: Re: [steiner] Near Death Experiences and the Soul

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      AstroForum@... wrote:

      > How does the group feel that NDE's affect the soul.nbsp;
      >
      > As I understand it, Rudolf Steiner indicated that in the future (now) people would start to develop clairvoyant/ clairaudial capacities spontaneously more and more, but he said that that was why it was so important to begin a concious path of spiritual training, otherwise these capacities would not develop properly and could lead the individual into spiritual difficulties. I don't have much personal experience in this area, but when you mentioned some difficulty "coming back" into your body, I got a sense that it would be good to really work on being able to conciously control these events. There is more to it than happy and peaceful feelings. "Knowledge of the Higher Worlds and Its Attainment", "Occult Science" and "Theosophy" are the starting points. It might be a very good idea to connect with and Anthroposophical group or Foundation Year training program, to get assistance from people who have been working with these things for some time.

      NDEs, like other spiritual phenomenon, fall under the quote (I forget from whom) - To those who will not believe, no explanation is possible, For those who will believe, no explanation is necessary.

      Fortunately for those of us who are open to believing, but want much more than "blind faith" in terms of understanding, there is spiritual science which is able to really put these experiences into perspective and to give us tools to both understand and conciously develop them.

      Blessings,
      Christine