Looking for a study group

  • Morgan Vierheller
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 27, 2000
      Dear list;

      I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
      I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival Images
      for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and the
      Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
      I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science group
      just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.

      Sincerely,

      MFV
    • Duncan J. Fernando
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
        Dear Morgan,
        Could you please let us know what areas of study you
        are interested in. I am currently reading Steiner's "Occult History".
        Sena
        http://www.esotericlinks.com

        Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml

        mailto:sena@...

      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
          In a message dated 11/28/00 3:05:19 AM, mrgnsms@... writes:

          << Dear list;

          I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
          I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival
          Images
          for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and the
          Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
          I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science group
          just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.

          Sincerely,

          MFV >>

          Hey, I have an idea: I'm currently organizing an intensive study group for
          the 12 nights of Christmas---in case folks don't know, it's a time when the
          spiritual world is close to us and so it's an anthroposophic tradition to
          choose a book for intensive study over those 12 nights. Why don't we do one
          online for it? Then you don't have to commit to going to someone's house
          every night for 12 nights but if you miss a night you can catch up by reading
          the e-mails. We could take any subject that people have really wanted to get
          a grounding in.

          Dr. Starman
        • Janet

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
              Sena wrote:

              > Dear Morgan,
              > Could you please let us know what areas of study you
              > are interested in. I am currently reading Steiner's "Occult History".

              I am reading Steiner's "Occult Science." (among others) Our teacher in
              teacher training gave us his version of some of the concepts in the book during
              the training but we didn't actually study the book. It has much of what I
              consider basic foundational concepts and so I feel that I must "fill in the
              blanks."

              MFV
            • Duncan J. Fernando
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
                That's a great idea, Dr.Starman. May I suggest the book,
                "How to Know Higher Worlds" as the basis for discussion.
                Sena

                Create a free homepage at http://www.esotericlinks.com/userpages/index.shtml

                mailto:sena@...
                > I am looking to participate in an ongoing study group.
                > I am a Waldorf high school teacher and although we are studying Festival
                > Images
                > for Today (Carlo Pietzer) in our College and The Child, the Teacher and
                the
                > Community in our high school meetings, it just doesn't seem o be enough!!
                > I am not a member of the anthroposophy, rosicrucian or spiritual science
                group
                > just yet, only the steiner list but would like to join.
                >
                > Sincerely,
                >
                > MFV >>
                >
                > Hey, I have an idea: I'm currently organizing an intensive study group for
                > the 12 nights of Christmas---in case folks don't know, it's a time when
                the
                > spiritual world is close to us and so it's an anthroposophic tradition to
                > choose a book for intensive study over those 12 nights. Why don't we do
                one
                > online for it? Then you don't have to commit to going to someone's house
                > every night for 12 nights but if you miss a night you can catch up by
                reading
                > the e-mails. We could take any subject that people have really wanted to
                get
                > a grounding in.
                >
                > Dr. Starman

              • jla

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 28, 2000
                      I agree. This was the first Steiner book I read almost 30 years ago and made a lasting impression.
                      Janet

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 29, 2000
                        mrgnsms@... writes:
                        << I am reading Steiner's "Occult Science." (among others) Our teacher in
                        teacher training gave us his version of some of the concepts in the book
                        during
                        the training but we didn't actually study the book. It has much of what I
                        consider basic foundational concepts and so I feel that I must "fill in the
                        blanks."
                        MFV >>

                        Are you in your Foundation Year? In California?