The Soul's Calendar, Week 32

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2000
      THE 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
      Here’s the 32nd week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)
      events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of the
      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in you in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations each
      night for sensing the lunar forces, as well as a list of saints and other
      spiritual figures and events to meditate about on specific days of the week.

      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich stärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
      develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
      (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt how the spiritual
      light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces
      for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the
      blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces. This week's verse
      describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to
      connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the
      Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Scorpio from
      Nov. 10th to 30th in our era, then Sagittarius from Dec. 1st on. The symbolic
      image of Scorpio done from Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this
      post as an attachment; we'll send the Archer next week. The Moon phases and
      positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the birth
      & death days of some of the spiritual figures & events published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for contemplation on those
      days. I’m in the process of translating these to restore the Calendar to its
      intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday November 26th. Moon Scorpius. Alexander.
      Monday November 27th. Moon Sagittarius.1701 Celsius born.
      Tuesday November 28th. Moon Sagittarius. Noah, the last Patriarch before
      the Flood.
      1414 Huss arrested.
      Wednesday November 29th. Moon Capricornus. 1800 the Decimal system
      introduced in France.
      Thursday November 30th. Moon Capricornus. 1756 The Physicist Chladni born.
      Friday December 1st. Moon Aquarius. Longinus.
      Saturday December 2nd. Moon Aquarius. 1547 Cortez died.

      *******Dr. Starman >>

      P.S. The Moon will appear close to Venus in the Western sky on both Nov. 28th
      & 29th, for an hour or two after sunset.